Canon 6DMkII Intervalometer

Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all,
Does anyone know where I can buy an intervalometer, preferably in the UK, for my Canon 6DMkII?
Just had one arrive, for a 6DMkI, which I presumed would fit, but doesn't?
Thanks all

the remote should be the same on both 6d's it pre-dates the digital cameras

Amazon.

Morning all,
Does anyone know where I can buy an intervalometer, preferably in the UK, for my Canon 6DMkII?
Just had one arrive, for a 6DMkI, which I presumed would fit, but doesn't?
Thanks all
The 6Dmk2 has an intervalometer built-in, Why do you need an external one?

the remote should be the same on both 6d's it pre-dates the digital cameras

Indeed it does Phil. I should really pay more attention to my camera. I opened the main compartment with the available sockets, but totally misses the tiny circular rubber cover at the front of it.
Thanks for that, saves me sending it back

To repeat my previous question: The 6Dmk2 has an intervalometer built-in, Why do you need an external one?

Hi Brian, I saw your post and apologies for not replying earlier.
I knew nothing of the built-in intervalometer.
I did do a quick Google and there appeared to be mixed reviews on its use, with someone commenting that it was no good for bulb work, which is the reason I need the plug-in one, but I'll see if I can work out how to use it and see how it fairs

Hi Brian, I saw your post and apologies for not replying earlier.
I knew nothing of the built-in intervalometer.
I did do a quick Google and there appeared to be mixed reviews on its use, with someone commenting that it was no good for bulb work, which is the reason I need the plug-in one, but I'll see if I can work out how to use it and see how it fairs
Page 267 of the user manual.
I'm a bit puzzled how you can use an interval timer in Bulb mode, or do you want to use it for an exposure longer than 30 seconds?

I noticed that the 6D has the remote control socket on the front, the same as my 5Div

Hi Brian.
Sometimes I do get my words mixed up with regards to photographic technology. Once I learn things, i get there but I miss the vital parts or descriptions of what things are for.
Yes, I do want the intervalometer for images of more that 30 seconds (thought that was bulb).
I'll check out the manual and see how this all works

Hi Brian.
Sometimes I do get my words mixed up with regards to photographic technology. Once I learn things, i get there but I miss the vital parts or descriptions of what things are for.
Yes, I do want the intervalometer for images of more that 30 seconds (thought that was bulb).
I'll check out the manual and see how this all works
Well I think that, technically Bulb is just the method of controlling the shutter for long exposures.
Again, there is some information about using Bulb mode in the user guide, page 251.
It's possible to set an exposure time over 30 seconds (Hours, if necessary) using the cameras built-in timer.
One of the main problems with very long exposures is battery life.

Back