Canon 70-200 AF switch

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
I have the Canon 70-200 and when I am carrying it on a sling the AF switch somehow keeps managing to flick to maual. Has anyone else come across this and if so, what can be done to stop it.

I have the Canon 70-200 and when I am carrying it on a sling the AF switch somehow keeps managing to flick to maual. Has anyone else come across this and if so, what can be done to stop it.
Yep, it's on the mk1. It's a pain. I keep thinking about upgrading to the Mk2 as the design of the switched to a flat one.

I've tried different things, taping over etc. The best one was a large wide elastic band which covered the switch.

It's bloody annoying innit. [emoji1787]

Yep, it's on the mk1. It's a pain. I keep thinking about upgrading to the Mk2 as the design of the switched to a flat one.

I've tried different things, taping over etc. The best one was a large wide elastic band which covered the switch.

It's bloody annoying innit. [emoji1787]

I have got the mk.2 :( The elastic band is a good idea though, might give that a try.

I have got the mk.2 :( The elastic band is a good idea though, might give that a try.
So even with the flat switch it turns off? Or am I wrong about the switch...mine is the 70-200 2.8 is. I thought the 70-200 2.8 mk2 had flat switches not ones that protrude.

Yup, it's a flat switch on my 2.8 IS mk.2 and still does it. When you do actually switch it yourself there does seem to be enough resistance so I I can't understand why it does it. None of the other switches do it either!!

Yup, it's a flat switch on my 2.8 IS mk.2 and still does it. When you do actually switch it yourself there does seem to be enough resistance so I I can't understand why it does it. None of the other switches do it either!!
How strange...anyway if you get hold of the really wide elastic band type, 2cm ish this worked for me. I did think about using a tubey grip but never have...

Hope you solve this irritating problem. [emoji106]

Back