Canon 70-200 f2.8L IS plus 2X iii extender

Name
Noel
Edit My Images
Yes
Got a 2X Extender from Santa.It was a nice day yesterday so I popped out to a local pond to try it out with the 70-200 zoom.
having read reviews and watched vids and sorting advice on here I was still unsure what to expect. when strapped to my 90D.
Yes it slows the AF a little and you loose 2 stops but the results seem quite good what do you think.
Mods if this is in the wrong place please move it

Attachments

• IMG_2061ers.jpg
    IMG_2061ers.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 30
I have the RF 100-500 L lens and using it with extenders can be frustrating unless you have a lot of light!

So you using a 1.4 or a 2x I dont know much about R series cameras do they auto focus at all apertures. Im thinking if your using a 2x at 500mm it will be a fairly small aperture.
Do you find your IQ is still good.

IQ ok but needs a fair bit of noise reduction. AF slows down as well although still pretty good.

The mark 3 1.4 and 2.0 extenders are really good , I’ve only used them with primes though
I found the autofocus still worked well on my 7D as well as now using the R5

Wellsboy yeah my AF has slowed a little but still no slouch. Noise I still have to judge it was a bright day so ISO not pushed too far.
LCPete yeah the reviews Ive seen were not great on the mark i & ii but the mark iii seems to be a step up.

Back