Beginner Canon 70-200 f4 with 2 x converter?

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
No
Hi, would this be possible? I have an eos1300d but am unable to find whether autofocus will work at an effective f8. Would anyone be able to tell me please?

You will lose 1 stop with the 1.4x and 2 stops with the 2x extender so it would be F8

Thanks yes I know. Losing 2 stops will make my f4 an f8. Does anyone know if that will still autofocus on a 1300d? I had heard that cropped sensor cameras cannot autofocus at f8 or higher

Thanks yes I know. Losing 2 stops will make my f4 an f8. Does anyone know if that will still autofocus on a 1300d? I had heard that cropped sensor cameras cannot autofocus at f8 or higher
I doubt it and looked for a definitive list.

The only one I could find was on Wiki page and the 1300D is not listed...I recall when I had my 5D MK3 doing the mentioned firmware updated

"List of EOS bodies that can AF at f/8edit

Canon EOS bodies that have a high density, high precision auto-focus sensor with 45 or more AF points are able to autofocus at maximum apertures of f/8.[9]

HTH a bit?

Thanks - that’s helped a lot will see if I can have a play with a 1.4x or keep an eye out for a 100-400 if funds permit at some point.

Back