canon 70-200 f4L comments

Name
peter
Edit My Images
Yes
i am thinking of buying a canon 70-200 f4l lens as the price is now under £500 reviews on sites like warehouse express look good but any of you guys use one or have experience of one as the optics sound great, it would be used for outdoor and a bit of portrait use.

I borrowed one from Marcel a while ago to use on a trip to Newcastle, used it on a 350D. I was gobsmacked by the quality of the images even on that camera!
My longing became a reality last year and I bought one. Love it to bits and it is rarely of my camera, which is now a 40D, bought to get the best out of the lens.
The quality is everything that everyone has said about it. I had a guy drooling over it yesterday in the peak district, on top of Shuttlingsloe, he asked to see the images on the screen and went away mumbling, 'must get one, must get one'!
Prices are really good at the mo, and you won't loose much, if and when you decide to sell it!
Go for it!

Just do it....

I can only 2nd and echo what Barry has said. It's a cracking lens that will not leave you disappointed!

thanks this is what i seem to get on the reviews, you have made my day as i will be buying one soon as possible i never know if the reviews on sites are for real or made up lol thanks for your reply:clap:

I appreciate I didn't start his thread. Sorry, would you mind posting any of the shots you've taken using this lens.
That'd be really great.

I appreciate I didn't start his thread. Sorry, would you mind posting any of the shots you've taken using this lens.
That'd be really great.

Sure

5607234856_06c2b4bef2_b_d.jpg

5323109157_91e1cc492c_b_d.jpg

HighlandCow.jpg

This was the first L glass I bought, but be warned, nothing but L glass will do after shooting with this! Cost me a fortune but don't regret a penny of it!

Agree with all of the above

One of the best purchases you will ever make

I have the IS version, but I can't imagine the image quality is any different. This lens is fantastic, one of my favourites. It's very sharp and the colours & contrast are great. I also used mine on a 40D. After using the kit lens, it blew me away :)

via TP Forums for iPhone

I have the IS version and cannot recommend it highly enough. If you do a search of this forum for "70-200mm" you will come accross a few recent threads on this subject where plenty of pictures have been posted.

Just do it!:D

How do I find the Lens Date Code ?
The seller say's the len's is 6 month old:shrug:

jambogaz said:
How do I find the Lens Date Code ?
The seller say's the len's is 6 month old:shrug:

Should be on the black ring around the rear element.

A couple more for you Peter.

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1126-1.jpg

IMG_9022444x600-1.jpg

IMG_1226_filtered.jpg

Great pics

what year would this be UW0706 ?

JULY 2008?

Last edited:
I will never part with mine.:)(y)

I've cleaned the thread up. Please be more respectful of each other. Not everyone knows who Kerso is.

be careful, I came across someone on ebay selling a 6 month old lens he said it was from warehouse express in the ad, asked the key questions and it was a secondhand lens he bought from a shop in London.
Could well be the same person.

Ian was £849 + postage last week when I got a price, email him for his upto date price

I take it that is £849 with no VAT rather than £849 inc. VAT?
£849 + postage will be what you'd pay. The equipment is in the UK, so no additional duty to pay.

Back