Canon 70-200 IS 2.8 MK II

Name
Kunaal
Edit My Images
No
So I have an issue with my 70-200 it's working flawlessly, super sharp however, my focus ring is Jammed, it's never been dropped or anything like that, any ideas what the problem may be, possible costs for repair?

Many Thanks in advance

If you're positive it's never been dropped, then it could be something like a screw worked loose. The clearances between the moving parts are tiny, and sometimes a screw protruding a tiny bit can make a difference. If that's the case - if - then it ought to be a cheap repair.

Before sending it off for repair though, remove the rubber focus and zoom grips and check whether there are any screws in the barrel under the grips that need tightening. I honestly can't remember whether there are any on the 70-200 - it's an extremely reliable lens, so we rarely have any reason to investigate its construction. But for some types of lenses, this can be an easy DIY fix to problems with moving parts not moving properly.

Last edited:
Legend! Just checked theres a slight lift on the focus ring and feels like a it's a small screen under the rubber,

Thank you!!

And for my next psychic trick....

Glad to have helped. Maybe in future somebody else will find this thread and it will help them too.

It's a fairly common problem

Back