Canon 70-200

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
Yes
What is this like? To use with my canon 6d!
And how much should I be looking to pay for one?IMG_1471791028.811727.jpg

Great sharp lens, very light compared to the 70-200 f2.8. Should pay around £300-350 second hand. But you would expect to pay £450-500 new

In one word.... Yes..
Unless you need f/2.8, then the Canon falls flat ;) I do like the Canon 70-200 f/4, its a great lens but I needed the extra speed of the Sigma and I have have got lucky as my Sigma is supurb.

Edit - the OP has the 70-300, not the 70-200 f/2.8. Yes, the Canon f/4 L is vastly better than the Sigma 70-300 APO :)

Last edited:
There may be an practically untouched example of the lens, 8 months old and as new being seperately from a bundle I have in the classifieds in a day or so with a healthy saving on new! It's an absolute cracker of a lens and doesn't weigh the earth like the 2.8 so is almost light enough to be a walk about lens although I see you've noticed lol!

Keep an eye out :)

Last edited:
I have the Canon F4 IS version,excellent lens:)

I've had the Canon 70-200 F4 L and was very happy with it, light weight and great results from it and would definitely recommend one. :)

I had one before my 2.8 and agree its a good lens. I didnt feel it excelled over the 55-250 I had but that is a great lens.

Its a very nice lens the 70-200mm F4L light (vs other 70-200 Ls) decent at Autofocusing speed and good image quality, Ive moved onto the 2.8 IS II now but i still think F4L was a very good lens for the money :)

I had one before my 2.8 and agree its a good lens. I didnt feel it excelled over the 55-250 I had but that is a great lens.

That's an interesting comment about not being a great deal of difference between the F4 70-200mm and the 55-250mm lens as I as wondering about upgrading to the f4 version. I realise the F2.8 would be better but did not fancy the weight.

That's an interesting comment about not being a great deal of difference between the F4 70-200mm and the 55-250mm lens as I as wondering about upgrading to the f4 version. I realise the F2.8 would be better but did not fancy the weight.

Others might of course. But for me it was worth the extra for the 2.8.

I borrowed this lens last year from a tour guide for about 10mins (the IS version) and fell in love with it. Hiring it for my next trip in a few weeks!

I have the non IS version, it's a brilliant lens and packs a mighty punch for not a lot of money. It's capable of f4 right through the zoom range. (y)

Back