Canon 760D

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I'm researching a new camera and I think after much debate I've decided on the Canon EOS 760D.

I have emailed various online retailers requesting quotes and the best price I can find is 760D, 18-55 STM and 55-250 STM for £640 from HDEW.

I found it for £10 cheaper from Portus Digital but they seem to be far less reputable than HDEW.

The reason I'm posting this is to ask the question, do any of the members have experience with the 760D and do you think I could get any better 'bang for the buck' for £640.

Also as this is my first post I should introduce myself, I'm Jason, 36 years old from Scotland (Ayrshire to be more precise), I've had a Nikon D80 since 2008 and have been considering switching to Canon for a few years, simply because a lot of my family and friends are all Canon users. I would say my level of experience is intermediate and I photograph anything that takes my fancy, be it seascapes, airshows, family portraits, wildlife etc.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and any comments/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Jason

Hi Jason, first of all welcome to TP :)

A lot of us have used HDEW including myself just the other week, they have a store down south so its not just a virtual office somewhere, there is real people there to go and talk to if you are in the area. Paul is a nice knowledgable person, he is the one I speak to. I would have no hesitation in recommending them, but you have to realise that they sell grey imports, although they do have a 3 year warranty.

Have you considered a Nikon rather than the 760D, since you will be used to the Nikon way of things, the Canon is different in many ways, I should know as I have just switched myself although I went from Canon to Nikon.

Are there any particular reasons you chose the 760, was it the flippy touch screen, pixel count etc ? Best thing is to pop into your local camera shop and try out a couple of models from both Nikon and Canon, see what feels right, try the useability out, and then compare specs although they can be misleading in real life.

I'm sure others will pop along with some other suggestions. ;)

Back