Canon 7D & 15-85mm @Argos £1033

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Seen this posted at Hotukdeals Item number 577/5495 £1033 !!

Searching for 7D doesnt show it, it shows the kit at £1749

sorely tempted!
I think it may be a misprice and not honored but you never know!!

Can't see it being honoured, but worth a go if you want that combo

Pretty much the going rate secondhand for that pairing

Still listed at that price today....

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ....htm&referrer=COJUN#pdpFullProductInformation

It does say "Was £1799.99", so I guess they know exactly what they're selling and for how much. Worth a punt if you want one.

20121118_101728_.JPG

Last edited:
I checked it again today and the page has changed, was save £100 yesterday, correct saving today. camerapricebuster has it at that price too, beats the competition by miles. Hope its honoured!

very tempting even though I don't really need one could use as a back up

Looks better now it's not saying save £100, good luck to anyone who has ordered it

Could not resist.

For anyone who's thinking of it you can get Argos cashback by clicking through the usual cashback sites and the 15-85 lens also qualifies for £55 Canon winter cashback even as part of a bundle.

I too have ordered this package and everything has gone through, will wait and see. :)

That link says that it is £1369.

I ordered mine through Topcashback and the £30 cashback has already been tracked.

Ordered it just after I posted the link at £1023.00 from Amazon after looking and wondering it surely must be a mistake or something but the order has been processed and tracking says it is expected delivery Wednesday. I just hope the lens is in the box at that price but it does say EOS 7d and EF-S 15-85mm IS USM. Fingers crossed

Well done for pulling the trigger, hopefully all goes well and you'll get the kit soon. Fingers-crossed.

The prices on Amazon go up and down all the time, and the 7D with that lens was listed twice for some reason, at differing prices.

Anyway - just wanted to point it out to those that missed out on the Argos deal.

Cheers,

I ordered the Argos deal on Saturday, but apart from the email confirmation I've not heard anything from them. Has anyone else?

I'm in the same boat. They have taken the payment which you could say is a good sign.

Amazon deal arrived next day and is spot on. Good luck with Argos, I'm sure all will be good.

Lucky You!
My argos confirmation said they would contact me by Thurs 22nd, so I'll give them until the end of the day. If I haven't heard I'll assume it's not coming and start the refund battle.

If Amazon can sell for £1023 it indicates generally retailers are making >£300 profit on these things!

Still got my fingers crossed

Was getting nervous so rang Argos, they didn't say anything about it not coming, just that it was coming straight from their supplier (DirectTech?) and they would contact me directly within 5 working days of order by phone.
Slow service but I don't mind waiting a week, as long as it's coming!
Could still be a pricing mix up between Argos and DirectTech. Anyone else who ordered got any info?

I had a phone call last night to say that my purchase was coming direct from their supplier and not to worry, it would be here eventually. I also noticed the money had been taken from my credit card this morning.:)

Last edited:
Someone on HotUKDeals has posted that they've had a call to schedule delivery tomorrow so it's looking promising :)

I just rang and was told to expect it either tomorrow or Saturday. Not much of an upgrade from my 60d though

Well not really when you think about it. It's only one model up.

Glad you all got sorted with this excellent deal

Check the firmware when you get it, had a big upgrade recently with some useful additions

Have to disagree and say it' s quite a big step up from the 60D especially in the AF department. Have a good read about setting it up properly otherwise you might be disappointed, that goes for exposure too, somewhat unforgiving.

Personally think it's a great camera and think you will all be thoroughly pleased with it especially at such a good price

Well it's a big upgrade for me from my 350d! Or it will be if they EVER deliver it! Not heard anything yet :(

Just received this text from Argos " This is an important message from Argos. Your Direktek order is now due on the 5th of December 2012". I've just rang argos customer service team who said it's a problem with the supplier, not them! Not the best service I've had.

I just phoned Argos customer service and was also told that delivery would be 5th December. I was also told that I could cancel my order, but it would take up to 7 days for the monies to show on my credit card.

Reminder to self....... Don't buy from Argos in the future. :thumbsdown:

PS. For anyone interested, these are Argos suppliers.

http://www.direktek.co.uk/Dt Web Site/DTWEB_01/

Last edited:
Never heard of them before this purchase, on their about us page:

Better Service - We bring you next day delivery on orders received by 6pm [on in stock items], replacement components and swift exchanges promptly and courteously.

Even the guy who got his 7d this week had to wait 5 working days!

10 days to go.

I've just rang argos customer service team who said it's a problem with the supplier, not them! Not the best service I've had.

Reminder to self....... Don't buy from Argos in the future. :thumbsdown:

Unbelievable - Argos clearly had loads of orders at this price and are now having to get more stock form their supplier in order to fulfil the orders and you think this is bad service or not to shop there again.

Maybe next time there's a deal to be had you should skip just in case, shock horror thanks to the internet, loads of other people order it to and you have to wait!

Unbelievable - Argos clearly had loads of orders at this price and are now having to get more stock form their supplier in order to fulfil the orders and you think this is bad service or not to shop there again.

Maybe next time there's a deal to be had you should skip just in case, shock horror thanks to the internet, loads of other people order it to and you have to wait!

I don't usually feel the need to justify my comments on a forum, however, on this occasion I shall.

When I placed my order with Argos at 14:02 on Sunday the 18th, the product was shown "in stock" and available for home delivery by 25 November. My confirmation email also said that it was in stock and that I would receive a phone call from the courier to arrange delivery. When I spoke to Argos customer service yesterday, the lady apologized for the delay and also confirmed that it was in stock when I ordered and the "out of stock" notification didn't appear on their website until late Sunday night. I therefore assumed, wrongly, that my order would proceed as normal, but obviously not. She also said that I could cancel and have a full refund, but it would take 5 to 7 days for the funds to appear back on my credit card

I did think about it for a while and then decided to wait for delivery. With cashback from my credit card, Topcashback and Canon on the lens, totaling £98, will mean I get the package for a grand total of £935. Where else can I get a better deal than that?

I agree with killwilly, and it also showed in stock for most of Monday. It's not unreasonable in this computer age for argos to show accurate stock figures.
Given the price I'll also wait, wish I'd remembered to get topcashback though!

just had a call from an 01494 number, it's being delivered tomorrow!

Yeah, mines coming Friday.

I too had a phone call yesterday from the distributor, but sadly was not here to take it. So, will now have to wait and see. :)

I phoned the supplier this morning and mine is also coming tomorrow. Perhaps Friday is the delivery day for FedEx to Lincolnshire.

Back