Canon 7D batteries

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
I have two genuine LP-E6 batteries for my 7D- both show 1 red square in the Battery info- does this mean they are both Knackered??
If so can any one recommend a good reliable alternative?
Thanks

Maybe maybe not.

I have several of these these batteries all genuine Canon, and after not very heavy use they have all done this.

I have a conspiracy theory that Canon program them to do this after a set time to make you think you need to buy new ones.

I got my new ones from 7 day shop so Canon didn't get any of my money.

I have not tested the red square batteries to see what charge they still hold, the 7 day shop ones work just fine for a fith of the cost of new Genuine Canon ones.

I love my cameras but don't like the battery life.

D

Hi all,
I have two genuine LP-E6 batteries for my 7D- both show 1 red square in the Battery info- does this mean they are both Knackered??
If so can any one recommend a good reliable alternative?
Thanks
One of mine does this. Still seems to work completely fine.

does the 7D need many batteries, for example street photography, how many batteries would you most likely need during the day

does the 7D need many batteries, for example street photography, how many batteries would you most likely need during the day

Some people say they can get many hundreds of images from one battery charge on their 7D, but for me, I have not been so lucky only achieving maybe 100. It's probably due to my style of photography, I always check every image after shooting and then bin it if it's not what I want. Two batteries usually manage me.

Back