Canon 7d focusing problems

Name
darren
Edit My Images
Yes
I hope there is someone who can help with my problem firstly I thought it was my new canon 24-70L lens that was the problem with focusing but when I got my other lens (24-105 L) the focusing issue was there as well I thought two professional lens not focusing properly this can't be the case. So done some more google research and it turns out it is very likely the camera so been looking at companies that can fix the focusing problem I think it is front focusing this company H.Lehmann in stoke on Trent said they can do this for £60 is this a good price or does anyone know of a good company to use?? Thanks for reading...

Hi Darren and welcome, first of all dont panic too much. Before people start bombarding you with this that and the other, I think the best bet is to keep it simple to start with and post some examples up of what the actual problem is, and keep all the exif information intact. This is only a brief reply as I am off to work in a moment. Was the camera new or S/H? If S/H the previous owner could have had it setup for something different entirely, did you know about microadjustment on the 7D? Again he could have had it set to compensate for the Lens he used. Only guessing but a bit more detailed information from you will help people advise a bit more.

Hi Darren, the first thing is how old is the 7D, if its still in warranty take it back to the store you bought it from and ask them to check it over/send it for repair under warranty

I bought it secondhand it's only since I got my two new lens I have noticed this problem (24-70L and 24-105L) I have had a quote of £60 to sort af optimisation out

Hi Darren, have you checked as Rich said earlier to ensure that any AF Micro Adjustment is not active - you'll find this in the AF Custom Function area. If its set to 'Adjust All' or 'Adjust by Lens', then simply change the setting back to 'Disable'. This should sort your problem. As for the £60 quote, Canon in Elstree charge a fixed fee which I think is the same cost and that also includes P&P once they are done too :D

When I get to my pc I will upload some examples for everyone I have checked micro adjustments on and off when I have adjusted lens it only works at that length as soon as I zoom in or out the problem seems to be back

It turns out its not the lens it was my 7d the mirror box was broken and focusing was out the bill is £338 it was a bit of a shock as I took it there expecting it to be £60 for af optimisation

Back