Canon 7D for wedding?

Graeme I can only echo what everyone else has said, lenses need to be f2.8 to allow that extra light in as the ISO is pants. Good luck though buddy, its a brilliant camera otherwise
Cheers Nick. I'll have a 16-35 2.8, 24-70 2.8 and 70-200 2.8 for the wedding.

I shot a entire wedding once on a 600d with noise software nowadays it is doable although I wouldn't personally attempt it as I'm a full frame convert for many years

if one is available take a fast prime it might save you on the day if the light dies ....

faster zoom and a fast prime. camera fine. most important is lighting and composition.

holy thread revival batman ... given that oct 21 is now in the past the really pertinent question is how did it go ?

That aside i'm with phil on the iso question- I shot weddings for years with a 20D and a 40D , and then a 40d and a 50D, and then a 50D and a 6D without problems and none of them bar the last is any better on iso than the 7D ... thing is photographers worry about noise etc so thats the feedback you get back from photographer - 99% of the time the client could care less so long as its reasonably sharp, she looks great, and you capture the mood and the moment.

A couple of years back I did a wedding while I was somewhat ill with Man Flu (cancellation was not an option) I managed to leave one of the bodies on iso 1600 for the whole day , and to burn out spots on the dress in some of the bridal shots - tbh I hated the whole set. I presented the CD with more than a little trepidation ... however the bride absolutely loved them and wound up ordering an A1 canvas of what i would have considered on of the worst shots for both noise and burn out.

Back