Canon 7D LP-E6 charger/batteries

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, I recently took delivery of a used 7D mk1 and when I tried to charge the battery it only ever flashes once a second and when it's apparently fully charged the light just turns off and doesn't go green. It is a genuine charger and battery but when I get the battery status in camera it says it is poor but at 100% charge. What's the best thing to do, I don't really want to spend a further £100 on a new charger and battery.

Thanks Phil, I did try one of my friends third party batteries in my charger and it did the same as the genuine battery. Just flashes once a second for a few hours then when it's fully charged the orange light just turns off which led me to think that the charger may be faulty.

I should have a spare charger somewhere as my 7d went belly up so i upgraded to the mk2. Happy to let you have it for the cost of the postage if your sure its the charger.

The charger light should go green, when fully charged, the flash rate shows how much charge the battery has, looks like the green LED might have failed. If the battery shows as 100% in the camera and lasts for a reasonable time, the I think the battery is OK, albeit reaching the end of it's life. I've also got a couple of aftermarket batteries that work absolutely fine, so ne real need to pay for "the name"

Just charged up a battery that showed 85% in the camera and when it had finished the light just turned off, but as you say it seems to be charging the battery and had taken around 100 shots to go from 100% to 85%.

I have exactly the same thing with my 50d battery and charger, which i bought used. I thought it was strange that the light on the charger didn't indicate when the battery was fully charged. So I read the manual and it said that the charger will show green when fully charged. The battery does fully charge though as i do get around the recommended shots before the battery goes flat.

Back