Canon 7D Mark II and Nikon D7500

Name
Harry
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade from a Panasonic Lumix camera I was bought as a present many years ago. I posted last week asking between the Nikon 7200 and 7500, now Im asking 7D II vs 7500. I'm aiming big and hoping to be able to get into wildlife and action sports photography on a much higher level and possibly even pursuing as a part-time career choice. I've found a really good deal on the 7D II body and therefore I'm looking further into the two companies line up to decide where to go. When you look at the pro line ups both companies offer I'm unsure as to whether to go down the Canon or Nikon line. Nikon seems to offer more cameras with higher frame rates whereas Canon seems to have other advantages.

I can currently get the 7D II second hand cheaper than the 7200. Looking into the future and wanting to upgrade to full-frame later down the line would you spend the extra money to get into the Nikon line or spend less and go Canon?

Save a little bit more money and get a Nikon D500. I know it's not answering your question but it's a much much better camera than the 2 you are looking at especially considering your wildlife and action sports photography choice.

try each camera before commiting funds? I'd go D500 as it is the best pro-APS-C DSLR in my opinion (OH is Canon user and has hateful 7D2), some people prefer Canon.

Big step up from Lumix for whichever model you go for. If you do sports bear in mind that buffer on D7200 is limited (not as limited as D7100).

As the others have mentioned the Nikon D500 is a really good camera - probably the best APSC camera going for sports/wildlife. However you must also consider the lenses available and their prices. If you are on a budget (especially for used lenses) then the Canon 300 F4 and 400 F5.6 offer top notch IQ and excellent AF (especially with the 400). If you are not needing the very best AF speed then the Nikon 200-500 is a great lens at very sensible money - hard to beat.

It is all down to your personal needs/requirements. Is it IQ or getting the image? For me the slight compromises in IQ but better/faster AF and cheaper long lenses make the Canon 7D2 a better setup even though it is an inferior camera to the D500. It is a "System" that you need not just one component. So don't look at the cameras - look at the whole package and see which best suits your needs/wants.

Both are great - but different.................

Back