Canon 7D mk2 owners thread.

Sold mine last week, it was (still is) a great camera IMO
I was going to sell my 7Dii and I was looking on the members section and they are slow sellers !

So I will keep my 7Dii and use is a 2nd canon body for shoots like safari's, days at Zoos and have a 17-70 mounted on the 7Dii and big telezooms on my R7.
I also own Sony A6600 and that is a great little camera which I use for city breaks, holidays, day trips to London etc. Plus I have the sigma MC-11 adapter so I can mount my Canon L glass which work OK. The Eye AF is mainly two thirds effective from the centre screen.

I accept the limitations of the R7, i.e no battery grip, slow sensor read out, noise etc, however the Eye AF is technology in a Canon at a very cheap price. I would say the R7 Eye AF is better than my Sony A6600, and compare to low keeper rate on using my 7Dii the R7 does not seem that bad a mirrorless camera ! ! !

Question for 7D mk2 owners, might be relevant to other bodies too.
the GPS function seems to be pretty useless, I’ve never managed to find a signal, it just keeps flashing for ever.
is this pretty normal or am I missing something?

Question for 7D mk2 owners, might be relevant to other bodies too.
the GPS function seems to be pretty useless, I’ve never managed to find a signal, it just keeps flashing for ever.
is this pretty normal or am I missing something?
It’s worked for me when I’ve enabled it, but most of the time I don’t have it on.

Back