Canon 7D MKII exposure problems

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
My Canon 7D MKII is 4 years old - last year due to a firmware update it needed servicing. I have found that the exposure has been going wrong. This could be user error - but I have never had this before - any ideas.
It could be user error of course - but I have been using it without any problems for 4 years.

The problem seems to be lines coming under flash or strong light see below

LightproblemEF7A0897 by davholla2002, on Flickr

LightproblemEF7A0757v3 by davholla2002, on Flickr

I'd have to say those images aren't the best exposed. My 7D Mk1 doesn't cope well in those circumstances either. As you say, the pup up flash is a likely cause of some of the issues.

No idea what's causing that but look on the bright side, I think there's a chance you could sell that first photo for use as a retro 90s album cover! ;)

I'd have to say those images aren't the best exposed. My 7D Mk1 doesn't cope well in those circumstances either. As you say, the pup up flash is a likely cause of some of the issues.
I should have said that, I didn't use to have this problem with my flash.

The good news is that Canon will have a look at this and I probably won't get charged.
No idea what's causing that but look on the bright side, I think there's a chance you could sell that first photo for use as a retro 90s album cover! ;)
If I could do this when I wanted and only when I wanted - I am sure it would be great - sadly I have no control over it.
I was amazed that some people faved this on flickr - then again - you won't see many photos like this - hopefully no more from me!!!!

Back