Canon 7d Mode Dial

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Hi Guys

While I was two days into my holiday my mode dial decided to snap clean off? I was then stuck in aperture priority for the remainder of the holiday but was limited to what i could shoot.

Has anybody suffered the same experience with their canon and how did you go about it getting the repair sorted? :(

Kind Regards

David

Hi Guys

While I was two days into my holiday my mode dial decided to snap clean off? I was then stuck in aperture priority for the remainder of the holiday but was limited to what i could shoot.

Has anybody suffered the same experience with their canon and how did you go about it getting the repair sorted? :(

Kind Regards

David

Could have been a worse mode to get stuck in, bulb wouldn't have been great

My first port of call was always Canon at Elstree for any repairs, won't be cheap though, never is
One slightly bit of good news is they could replace it with one of the newer locking dials

Last edited:
My first port of call was always Canon at Elstree for any repairs, won't be cheap though, never is

My 5D mk3 went to them for a stuck shutter. It freed on the journey there and wouldn't restick, so they gave it a full service, clean and then suggested they replace the back as the joystick button was missing/broken.
£140 all in, bargain!

My 5D mk3 went to them for a stuck shutter. It freed on the journey there and wouldn't restick, so they gave it a full service, clean and then suggested they replace the back as the joystick button was missing/broken.
£140 all in, bargain!

My 40D went in when the fuse board blew, that also got a sensor clean and all the crud you could see in the viewfinder removed, think it was approx 130 quid.

My 40D went in when the fuse board blew, that also got a sensor clean and all the crud you could see in the viewfinder removed, think it was approx 130 quid.
Mine did that as well! Difference was I think I paid £500 for my 40D new, so it was 25% of the price to fix. I paid £3k for the 5Dmk3 so £140 felt like a bargain. I new back took away all the rubbing/paint removel, make it look new again :D

Thanks guys I’ll speak to Canon and get a quote plus look at having to upgrade as well.

Also when I packed away for the journey home I had an error message come up that it couldn’t communicate with the battery! When I checked this on google there was some clips on YouTube that it was a screw had come loose and fell out from the PC board in the bottom of the camera. Are you guys aware of this one as well?

Since I’ve been home though it’s been ok, the guys on YouTube say that Canon repair this for about $300. The guys on the videos show just how easy it was to remove the bottom casing and put to screw back in its location. $300 did seem an awful lot for what was done?

Back