Canon 7D servicing / focus issues

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I've been having focus issues on my 7D, with ever-so slight back and front focussing.

Recently been using a Canon 70-300L (since returned) and the super Canon 70 - 200 F4 IS. Both have given me focus issues on the body, as has my 50 1.8 STM.

I have tried calibrating but the focus just does not seem consistent. I have blown out the innards as best I can, but still I am having trouble with inconsistent focussing.

I have even "reset" the camera by removing the secondary battery.

Just looking back on some shots with my usually excellent 15 - 85 taken in low-light in Friday... and at least half are unusable.

I want to keep the camera but currently cant; trust it. Where can I get this serviced - preferably in the Nottinghamshire area?

Thank you

Have you tried cleaning the AF sensors?

Yes and no. I am aware of where they are (underneath mirror) and have blown them out with a blower, but I have not cleaned them as such. The look okay so far as I can see? What more can I do to clean them?

I found Lehmann of Stoke to be very good. Not a million miles from Nottingham.

Yes and no. I am aware of where they are (underneath mirror) and have blown them out with a blower, but I have not cleaned them as such. The look okay so far as I can see? What more can I do to clean them?
Gentle wipe with a lint-free cloth or swap (being careful of the mirror of course)?

Back