Canon 80D Interval timer in Bulb mode?

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
Astro-photography - deep sky objects- with 80D mounted on a scope:-

I want to take 30x 120second exposures to stack.
Bulb mode allows the 120 second exposure but in bulb mode it seems the interval timer doesn't work.
So do I have to manually trigger each new exposure?
Or is there a way to trigger a new exposure every 121 seconds so i can leave it tracking for an hour taking the pics>

Name
Jan
Edit My Images
No
Do you mean a built in interval timer? Sorry but although I do use Canon neither of my cameras have that feature. The usual way is to use an intervalometer - a bit like an old fashioned cable release except they can be set for exposure time, number of exposures and a gap between to allow downloading to the card.

Edit My Images
Yes
Why not take 120 x 30 sec exposures? In aperture mode you can go to 30 seconds. Set continuous shooting and use a remote locking switch.
Then use some programme like Star Stax to stitch them together.

OP
OP
Twigman
Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
Why not take 120 x 30 sec exposures? In aperture mode you can go to 30 seconds. Set continuous shooting and use a remote locking switch.
Then use some programme like Star Stax to stitch them together.
I could do that with the interval timer - I was just trying to keep the number of files down and still have enough in the images to make them useful

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
The Canon Connect phone app synchs up nicely with my 80D and I suspect it may be able to do this although I can't say I have tried this particular style of shot with it.

It's free and a great little app so certainly worth trying.