Canon 90D

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
Hi everyone. I am thinking of upgrading my old 7D to the 90D. Does anyone have any feedback on using this body? I am an enthusiast amateur, with mototsport, aviation and nature/wildlife being my primary subject matter.

i tried it using the canon free 48hr test drive 48hr test I had a 7d mkii at the time, personally it offered nothing more or better than the mkii so didn't go for it, eventually got an R6 which is so much better.

daughter has one, I quite like it - much better quality images than my older 7d2, although it does feel a bit more fragile. Good focus though, should do well for the subjects you've got in mind.

I’ve had mine for just over a year now. I do like it and it’s considerably better than my previous body, a 70D, but to get the best out of it you need lenses from the higher end such as Canon L (latest versions as even the 100-400mm L Mk1 isn’t great, but the Mk2 is fantastic), Sigma Art, etc. People who got sharp shots with their lower-spec lenses on lower resolution crop-sensor bodies suddenly found themselves struggling. Apparently it’s down to the lens resolving ability combined with the much smaller pixel-pitch of the sensor.

If you are on Facebook then take a look at the group “Canon 90D Owners By Michael The Maven”. You’ll see some incredible images, but you will also see quite a few people complaining because they can’t get the crisp shots they expect.

Back