canon 9500 mk 2 vs epson r3000

Name
stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
As per title I'm stuck on which one to go for, printing a mix of colour and b&w
I like the idea of using roll with the epson
Can anyone help me decide

I would suggest that, if possible you compare sample output from the printers in question.

I recently had a chance to try the 9500 MkII at my nearest Calumet and the results were so impressive that I bought one!

So far it has lived up to my expectations. Both Colour and mono prints are superb. As with any good printer the choice of paper is critical so whatever printer you go for I suggest you try paper sample packs.

I'm using Harman Crystaljet for general printing and Permjet art paper for specific images.

The only sticking point may be the cost of running this lovely printer - around £100 for a complete set of 10 inks. Though, to date, I'm very happy with my purchase.

I also received £100 Canon cashback - which helped, and this bought me a spare set of inks. Unfortunately the cashback offer is only available to CPS members now.

there is no CIS for the mk2 which means your ink costs will be very high. either teh R2880 or the R3000 are very good printers.

there is no CIS for the mk2 which means your ink costs will be very high. either teh R2880 or the R3000 are very good printers.

I agree, this is another consideration but do most users actually benefit from a Continuous Ink System? I know you have to factor in the cost of the system itself and ink savings of around 60-80% can be achieved but you need to be producing lot of prints!

I've heard good, and bad reports regarding CIS from fellow P.S. members.

I agree, this is another consideration but do most users actually benefit from a Continuous Ink System? I know you have to factor in the cost of the system itself and ink savings of around 60-80% can be achieved but you need to be producing lot of prints!

I've heard good, and bad reports regarding CIS from fellow P.S. members.

I saved over £1000 including buying a CIS in the first year. having a CIS means you can print more.

not had a problem with the fotospeed quill on my R2400

I always wonder about the CIS system, I know nothing about it but I can't help thinking if your going to spend decent money on a printer why chuck cheap ink at it , is it not like buying a 4 k camera and sticking a cheap lens on it? This is not a statment and I'm sure I'll be corrected

it's only cheap because oe ink is so expensive. it's still expensive for what it is. £25 for 125ml

Back