Canon Announces worldwide 1st.

Lynton

awkward customer
Name
Lynton (yes really!)
Edit My Images
No
Morning,

Seems Canon's marketeer's have a new angle on things as opposed to the megapixel / ISO war that's been all the rage.

World's first Left handed DSLR: All the details can be found here

But in summary:

1DMkIVL.jpg

‘Today in Tokyo, Canon’s director of Research and Development, Dr Won Ofour, announced that the 1Ds Mk IV would be available May 2010 in a left handed format which is a world first for DSLR’s and the first left handed camera since the Yashica Samurai half frame of the late 60’s.
Dr Won Ofour commented, “When a left-handed person uses a right-handed camera the hand control can be less steady and hence produce camera shake leading to poorer pictures at low shutter speeds. Canon being leading technologists in digital imagery recognise this disadvantages many professional and hobbyist photographers. For us, to please our existing customer base and to attract new customers the obvious solution is to provide left handed photographers with the same high quality bodies that we have provided right handed people with for many years.”

and

Canon’s Head of Marketing, Europe, Herr Bitt Fischi, said from his Berlin Headquarters that the left handed 1Ds Mk IV would initially be released in Asia, and is expected to be rolled out across North America and Europe over Summer 2010. Existing 1Ds Mk IV users who are naturally left handed will have the option of having the casing swapped over on their camera, and Canon plan to introduce left handed versions for all new releases going forwards and will backdate to the 350D free of charge if customers can prove they are left hand dominant.

and
In addition the 1 Ds Mk IV Left Hander, which is becoming known as the Canon Southpaw in Photography circles will feature new technology by having a data only SIM card slot which will enable users to upload photo’s directly to their own webpages and social networking sites instantly.

As a natural leftie, just how much easier would this be? Wonder when the other manufacturers will follow?

Have you checked the date ?

nope, not going for that one :D

Canon southpaw... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Besides, Nikon built a special left handed camera for Ken Rockwell years ago... Probably years ago to the day.

im left handed and wouldnt use that! - it really doesnt look right does it!
I know its a april fools and a good one.

Besides, Nikon built a special left handed camera for Ken Rockwell years ago... Probably years ago to the day.

The picture on Uncle kens homepage shows him using it iirc.

I was wondering when the April fools would come in, the title of "Canon announce worldwide 1st" was a good contender! :D

Right it's gone midday so I can come clean!!!

I've been playing in photoshop - and was quite happy with the result!

Dr Won Ofour and his comments were a figment of imagination as well. Herr Bit Fischi I "stole" from a German car manufacturer who produce an April fool's spoof ad each year.....

A left handed camera lol, very good. I knew straightaway though :p

Although the picture is of a 1D, the article states 1Ds ;)

I know this is a fake, but I was thinking this exact thing this morning sitting in the hide - that they don't make cameras for lefties. Random!

I'll take one.

Special deal for you today. £2500. Cash only. :LOL:

Preferably Sterling and legal tender.

Back