Canon Autofocus Tutorial videos

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
This may have been posted before, but I highly recommend you watch the 3 B&H autofocus videos, which can be found here:

http://www.video.bhphotovideo.com/

Do a video search for "Canon autofocus"

A guy from Canon USA basically goes through the autofocus system from start to finish. There are three sessions, each about 30 mins in length. If you've got any focus-based questions then this will probably answer them!

Dang, just realised I posted this in the wrong forum! Could a mod kindly move it to the Tutorial forum please?

good find andy, i have justed watched the first video & for me who hasnt messed about with the focus points before it was very helpful.

bookmarked the page & will watch the other videos later

thanks for sharing

great find andy being old school i'm guilty of just using the center point for auto focus will definately try other points now

An excellent find!

Perfect to understand how to get good focus etc.

I think this will be really helpful for me, thank you very much for making me aware of it.

Just finished watchinhg hte first video... excellent tutorial. Thanks!

Nice find mate - I've been shooting with Canon for a few years now, but still not completely sure on the focus modes, and instead use the 'hit and hope' method :D

Hopefully these vids will explain the mysteries ...

Just watched all 3 videos :) great find,very informative,but also makes you realise that the system isn't infallible,and I liked the way the guy was pretty honest about its limitations!

Thanks for the link, I have just watched all 3 vids and this is exactly what I have needed to learn about focus. Now I can put it into practice.

Cheers

D :)

I watched em last night...Then some 7D vids.....Thanks for the link.

I took the 7D out for its first airing tonight and used the lesson learnt. I was so pleased with the results!

Just watched the first Canon autofocus video, will watch the other two later.

Great info, thanks for the posting the link.

great find andy being old school i'm guilty of just using the center point for auto focus will definately try other points now

Same here! I've had my 30D (my first ever DSLR) for a couple of weeks and haven't bothered with the other focus points, choosing instead to centre point and recompose, as I used to do when using my previous camera, a Fuji S7000. Also, until I had a look at AI Servo auto focussing in the 30D's manual I hadn't even considered the complexities of focussing on a moving subject, and the video expands on that. Autofocus is a far more complex aspect of photography than I previously thought, that's for sure!

Back