canon cashback off kerso

I had a bad experience with Kerso, regarding Canon Cashback...

I bought him a 17-40. But, before I did it, I sent him an e-mail asking how much would the lens cost, including shipping to Portugal. He answerd me the price. I couldn't decide if I should buy new or used. By this time, I didn't even knew there was a Canon Cashback "active".

When I first read about it, I read that only gear bought in (or from?) the UK was eligible to receive the cashback.
I then asked Ian if, in case I bought the lens from him, I could receive Canon Cashback. He said yes, no problem.
Good news to me!, and I bought the lens.

A few days later, when I received it, I went to Canons website to give my purchase details in order to receive the cashback (£80) and then I realize that I couldn't do it because I was not from the UK.

It's bad if he really said you could definitely get the cashback as his stock does not actually qualify for cashback, even for UK residents, and his customers are actually taking a chance by applying for it.

If you had read the cashback terms it is made clear that only stock supplied by Canon Europe and sold by approved UK retailers qualifies.

Could it have been a communication breakdown?

Last edited:
Hi Dave,

No, it was not a communication breakdown:

"Hi Ian,

I’d like to know, if I buy this lens from you, can I use Canon Cashback?

Thanks,
Luis"

"Hi Luis, yes you can. Ian."

--

Ian is a good guy, I believe. He always have been right to me, short and direct in his answers and very helpful.

BUT, in this case, my feeling is when he realized he had make a mistake, he didn't assume it and he started to not answer my e-mails. It was not pretty and I wasn't expecting it from him (although I don't really know him, I just bought 2 or 3 times from him).

I this case, like I said, I got a bad experience. Considering he didn't even tried to help me or answer me properly, I'll never buy from him again. :\

Hi Dave,

No, it was not a communication breakdown:

"Hi Ian,

I’d like to know, if I buy this lens from you, can I use Canon Cashback?

Thanks,
Luis"

"Hi Luis, yes you can. Ian."

--

Well that is poor, he shouldn't be making false statements to sell goods, and as a retailer he should be keeping himself informed of the terms of the cashback offer.

US stock is not eligible for the cashback, no matter where you live.

All products must be purchased within the UK or ROI from a UK or ROI retailer and must have been supplied and distributed to retailers by Canon UK Ltd or Canon group companies located in the European Economic Area (EEA).

Back