Canon DSLR - Warranty questions

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I did search for this (without result) & think I know the answer but could someone advise?
I have a Canon 450D which I am selling - I bought it in Jan '09 from Amazon UK - It was bought just in time to get Cashback but I had a senior moment & forgot to register the warranty online - I can provide the new owner with original receipt but should I register it first? - As 4 months have passed am I still able to register it? - If the camera can still be registered would it be better to let the new owner register it in his name?
Hope you can help ... Paul :thinking:

Canon will accept the receipt date to determine the warranty period and it's not required to fill in the card or register online.

Bob

Canon will accept the receipt date to determine the warranty period and it's not required to fill in the card or register online.

Bob

Thanks Bob (y) - So provided I give the new owner my original receipt the 450D is covered for a year from the receipt date?
Cheers
Paul

My understanding is that officially the Canon warranty is not transferable to a new owner, however there are plenty of posts around the 'net which state that Canon don't seem to enforce this, and as long as the receipt can be produced showing the item is within the warranty period, Canon will service the items under warranty.

So, good news if you pass the receipt on....

Back