Canon EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM Lens £469.99 (£414.99 after cashback)

Very pleased with the lens and thanks to Euan for sharing this great offer

Am I the only one still wating :crying:
Mind you i live in the Highlands

Nope, I ordered mine a week ago and to be honest it has always shown as delivery Tuesday 4th.

I'm feeling a tad guilty for not mentioning it on here but I didn't realise at the time that it qualified for the cashback.

Last edited:
Got mine today - just wanted to say thanks to the OP for bringing it to my attention - now to find a new home for the 100mm Macro that I bought a few months ago, thinking there was no way I could justify buying this one!

Judging by the numbers delivered so far - I'm sure all will come eventually :)

Mine was dispatched via the home delivery network last Friday for delivery tomorrow and there's still no tracking info to be seen.

Has anyone claimed cashback yet?

Form posted today recorded delivery along with the invoice that Amazon send, that should serve as proof of purchase with the serial number

No time like the present

So my reference number on the Yodel/HDNL site says that they're waiting for the supplier to dispatch the parcel, but Amazon dispatched on 30/11 :(. Estimated delivery is tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath. Luckily I'm at home tomorrow so if Yodel do come at least it won't get left on the doorstep (if they bother to ring my doorbell...)

My one is getting delivered by Yodel, it's been on the van since 11 am this morning. Could be delivered up to 9pm tonight. Useless service. :(

Form posted today recorded delivery along with the invoice that Amazon send, that should serve as proof of purchase with the serial number

No time like the present

I'll be doing mine online!

It's arrived now, of course I took it out of the box and it was so cold with lying in the van it steamed up with the indoor heat! I had to wait 30 mins to try it out.

and it's a UA date code which dispels the crap on here that date codes stopped with UZ

It's has joined the family !! :)

QGL99.jpg

Wish i had seen this in time.

I got fooled by the currys one instead, just a few days before :(

Still glad some of you managed to get hold of the proper L lens version at this price. Great deal, ill just have to keep my eyes peeled for any further deals :)

It seems that Yodel have found my order as it's now due to be delivered tomorrow. A friend got his today.

I submitted mine online on Monday, and received an automated e-mail from Canon yesterday (Wednesday), to confirm that this had been approved.
Just waiting for the cheque now!

That is good to know
Mind at this rate you will get your cashback before i get my lens
My lens was due yesterday (5th), but nothing arrived
Sent Amazon an email this was their reply

"I'm sorry to hear about the problem with your order
I can see that it was sent from our Fulfilment Centre via HDNL on November 29, 2012
It seems that the parcel has been received at HDNL depot on December 05, 2012
For unforeseen delays, please give the parcel a little longer to reach you"

I have no idea were it went from 29th - 5th, but wasnt coming to me
Hopefully it will be with me soon now its been found(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was the same. Dispatched 30/11, arrived with HDNL yesterday, now out for delivery.

HDNL are totally rubbish. Many times I've ordered from Amazon using Prime - so free next day delivery - but if it ends up in the hands of HDNL it always takes an extra day!

Just to chime in: I ordered one at £469.99 and mine came on monday. Lovely lens!

Mine's now arrived. Yodel/HDNL had left it on the doorstep where I found it when I got home. The strange thing is that all the advert leaflets in the Amazon box are in German.

HDNL are totally rubbish. Many times I've ordered from Amazon using Prime - so free next day delivery - but if it ends up in the hands of HDNL it always takes an extra day!

Hope you complain to amazon, ive got Prime too and if anything turns up late i drop them an email and usually get a month prime for free added to my contract.

Hope you complain to amazon, ive got Prime too and if anything turns up late i drop them an email and usually get a month prime for free added to my contract.

I'll do that next time (y)

That is good to know
Mind at this rate you will get your cashback before i get my lens
My lens was due yesterday (5th), but nothing arrived
Sent Amazon an email this was their reply

"I'm sorry to hear about the problem with your order
I can see that it was sent from our Fulfilment Centre via HDNL on November 29, 2012
It seems that the parcel has been received at HDNL depot on December 05, 2012
For unforeseen delays, please give the parcel a little longer to reach you"

I have no idea were it went from 29th - 5th, but wasnt coming to me
Hopefully it will be with me soon now its been found(y)

mine has currently spent the last 4 days to-ing and fro-ing from Milton Keynes depot to Hatfield depot to deliver to St Albans - if it stays at one for than 6 hours I might just go and pick it up!

My lens finally arrived. Many thanks to the OP for this.

Surprised at the size of this lens. Can't wait to give it a whirl.

Think we were lucky here, noticed on the ukhotdeals link that some people had their orders cancelled

Don't suppose it helps when some people order two, sure that sends a flare up. Must have a look on ebay to see if there is a glut of these lenses for sale

Bought mine to keep, even if it doesn't get used often, very impressed and just got a Lowepro lens case for it too

Think we were lucky here, noticed on the ukhotdeals link that some people had their orders cancelled

Don't suppose it helps when some people order two, sure that sends a flare up. Must have a look on ebay to see if there is a glut of these lenses for sale

Bought mine to keep, even if it doesn't get used often, very impressed and just got a Lowepro lens case for it too

Rich, I agree. I was sceptical that mine would arrive given the fact it was on Hotdeals and as you say people trying to make a quick buck buying and selling a few units.

I wonder how many of these Amazon sold and also how much money they lost on this?
So glad I managed to get hold of one!

Back