Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L MARK II USM

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
Hi all :wave:

Considering one of these lenses does anyone have any views (good or bad) they would care to share regarding this lens. I only ask as they do seem to come up for sale S/H quite often and if people are upgrading? Upgrading to what? :thinking:

Thanks

This lens followed on from the EF17-35L (which I have). The early 16-35's exhibited some problems with peripheral softness and flare and were generally a step backwards. The MkII was introduced after a fairly short time to address these issues (successfully).

17-35's can usually be obtained for about 60% of the cost of the 16-35...well worth a punt.

There's not really an upgrade from the MkII but it may be that people are going from MkI's to MkII's.

Bob

This lens followed on from the EF17-35L (which I have). The early 16-35's exhibited some problems with peripheral softness and flare and were generally a step backwards. The MkII was introduced after a fairly short time to address these issues (successfully).

17-35's can usually be obtained for about 60% of the cost of the 16-35...well worth a punt.

There's not really an upgrade from the MkII but it may be that people are going from MkI's to MkII's.

Bob

Thanks Bob for the info I did wonder why the mark II :clap:

I did a quick test between the MKI & MKII here

Thanks P-E for sharing the test (y) MKII certainly seems to perform much better :D

Steve

i had a 17-40L f4. great lens and it was my favourite lens until i bought a 16-35mk2 L f2.8. it's twice the price, not necessarily twice as good, but i love it to bits. if i did purely landscapes, i'd buy a couple of L primes instead of this, but the zoom suits what i do, and i don't do enough landscapes to justify the extra expenditure.

get the mk2 if you plan on getting one.

i had a 17-40L f4. great lens and it was my favourite lens until i bought a 16-35mk2 L f2.8. it's twice the price, not necessarily twice as good, but i love it to bits. if i did purely landscapes, i'd buy a couple of L primes instead of this, but the zoom suits what i do, and i don't do enough landscapes to justify the extra expenditure.

get the mk2 if you plan on getting one.

Cheers nowler (y) I think it's going to be the MKII for me (plastic permitting :D)

Steve

Back