Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Fairly new to all this but from what I have been watching on YouTube 50mm lens wise I have just purchased a Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM, hopefully I have not made a bad decision.

Looking forward to the delivery.

Possibly the most bang for the buck you can get with lenses really - loved mine, couldn't really fault it, was even usable (although not tack sharp) wide open. Only sold it as most of my photography is of distant fluffy or feathery things, so it rarely got used!

Thank you for the comments, sounds like a wise purchase for a change.:)

I bought that lens last year,it is an excellent little lens.:):clap:

You have me dribbling at the chin, it should be here tomorrow.[emoji12]

Possibly the most bang for the buck you can get with lenses really - loved mine, couldn't really fault it, was even usable (although not tack sharp) wide open. Only sold it as most of my photography is of distant fluffy or feathery things, so it rarely got used!

The new 50/1.8 STM version is a gem - sharp at f/1.8, with accurate AF and good build quality (y) The older 50/1.8 Mk2 is best avoided IMHO - cheap plastic thing, not sharp at f/1.8 and, even worse, with AF that's both inaccurate and inconsistent.

The new 50/1.8 STM version is a gem - sharp at f/1.8, with accurate AF and good build quality (y) The older 50/1.8 Mk2 is best avoided IMHO - cheap plastic thing, not sharp at f/1.8 and, even worse, with AF that's both inaccurate and inconsistent.

I've had all three versions, and the STM was the one I was referring to - mine was a bit soft at 1.8, sharpened up superbly from 2.8. I keep feeling like buying another one, but I know full well it'll just stay on my shelf and get used maybe once a year!

The fact that the STM version doesn't feel like it belongs inside a Kinder egg is the biggest upgrade in my opinion - I never even wanted to take the Mk2 outside as it felt like it was going to just fall apart. :D

Fairly new to all this but from what I have been watching on YouTube 50mm lens wise I have just purchased a Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM, hopefully I have not made a bad decision.

Looking forward to the delivery.

Why would you have made a bad decision?

It's a brilliant lens!

As others have said it's a great lens and you wont be disappointed!

Back