Canon EF 65mm F2.8 MPE Macro

Chris,

It's probably the ultimate portable macro lens. It takes a bit of practice to get the best from it and it's certainly not a macro beginers lens. I would also say that it's wasted without an MT-24EX Twin-Light which is almost as expensive as the lens itself.

Bob

cheers bob,
MT-24EX Twin-Light thats one prob i can see,but would having a flashgun hanging over the lens do a good job?

....,but would having a flashgun hanging over the lens do a good job?

I'm inclined to say no. A couple of flashguns, one each side, might make something possible. Have a word with Alby (Ajphotog) as he had the MP-E65 before getting the MT-24EX.

Bob

Chris,

It's probably the ultimate portable macro lens. It takes a bit of practice to get the best from it and it's certainly not a macro beginers lens. I would also say that it's wasted without an MT-24EX Twin-Light which is almost as expensive as the lens itself.

Bob

:agree: I don't have this lens but hope to have in the near future :D The MT24 has twin illumination lights to help you see the subject and therefore focus, I'm fairly sure some can use it without this flash unit at lower mags but as Bob said "certainly not a starter lens" I'm sure Alby may comment soon

I would say you can use it with a flash on a bracket but focussing above 3x, Saying that take a look at flickr and search for lordv, Brain uses one of these and a 430ex off camera and takes some of the best shots around. Like Bob says it is a difficult beast to master ;)

hi alby ,yes he has some wicked photo, lordv, didnt he use sigma 500dg flash/105 macro with bracket , i have simular setup, bracket ,flashgun, tin can defuser,was using a 50mm sigma,

but if i was to get the 65, dont think "her who must be obeyed" be too happy with me wanting the twin lights too

Chris if you are like me and you got the lens and flash you will still be wanting something else and the whole cycle goes on and on. :LOL: I use my 430 or 580 on a bracket too sometimes and with practise is a killer combination ;)

:LOL: anit that the truth,

50mm lens is in the for sale/fleabay section,
iam thinking either the 100/150 or 65 macro on my mind

I would suggest doing a search on www.fredmiranda.com/forum/board/45
as well as Lord V there is a guy called Dalantech - his set up is to say the least very interesting - I do not know where I could store it and at the end of the day how many flies eyes do you wish to see...

Back