Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III

Edit My Images
Yes
I have been offered a Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III lens for £50 does anyone know if it is a good price for this lens and if it is a good lens please?
The lens has no IS and no USM just a DC micromotor, this lens has had light use, about 500 pics taken, Good deal or not?
Thanks
Pete.

Not a great lens - reviews here at Fred Miranda where it rates at 5.6 / 10 will help you decide.

Mike.

i'm selling my 75-300USM mk3 and its not a bad lens for the money but it does really depend on your budget and expectations

I am going to give it a miss, thanks all for the pointers/advice , I can wait awhile a buy a better one.
Pete

For the price it's alright, but remember that you get what you pay for...

Just don't go spending £100 or less and expect to get a lens that's not rubbish :D

Just don't go spending £100 or less and expect to get a lens that's not rubbish
I wouldnt totally go along with that

Pete i'll email a picture from my lens if ya like?

I had one from years back and used it with my 35mm SLR... was very happy with it back then, making 6x4 prints... when I got my first DSLR it really didnt cut it - was seriously dissapointed with the results.

Simply because you look at digital photos at a much larger size than just 6x4 and when you see them that much bigger, it looks awful.

Give it a miss, try saving for the 70-300 IS - that's where I went next and wasnt dissapointed at all!

Total Tosh.....i print A3+ prints from one. Although i would agree on the IS model

Must just be my technique then :D

Back