Canon EF 75-300mm f4/5.6 USM MK3

ppp

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

A friend of mine has a 350D and is thinking of getting this lens, Jessops has it for £168.99, but the question is would the Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO Macro DG (Canon AF) be better for £179.99. Which is the better, sharper lens?

Thanks as always.

Ok read the earlier thread about this, They sell one without the APO for £115 does the APO make a massive difference?

The sigma APO is the best lens in that price range. The 75-300 is junk. Get the Sigma APO. The Non-APO is pretty bad as well...get the sigma APO.

you can get it for £120 from HK (onestop-digital.com) or £160 from warehouseexpress.com...

buy online :)

my version of the sigma 70-300 dpo dg is excellent from f8 above, below it is ok. overall i'm very pleased with it and would happily by it again fo rthe pirce :)

I use the Canon 75-300mm quite a lot and have had some great results from it heres an example (handheld) but I conceed I must have a good copy and know it's sweet spots.

It's generally considered as a piece of junk and the Sigma should wipe the floor with it.

When paying so little for such a large piece of glass you shouldn't expect miracles, regardless of the manufacturer.

Go for the Sigma.

Although the Sigma does sound like a bag of nails when focusing.

I'm selling mine on Ebay at the moment.

Thanks for the info guys, thats a great help

Go for the sigma APO, mines cool, when I get to use it. I know from looking around prices are keen few places are less than £150 (UK sourced). ;)

Back