Canon ef-s 55-250mm lens

Name
Ann
Edit My Images
No
Hi, this has probably been asked before. I am looking to purchase a second lens. Looking at a canon 55-250. I have looed at quite a few sites including fleebay ( prices do vary quite a it - anything from £100 second hand, there's one on at the moment from usa for £98 free post and packing)
What I would like to know is why are some in a red box and some in a white box.? And what is the standard warranty?
I'm interested in the lens because of the zoom and lightness of it.

You'll find the sides of the boxes are white and the ends are red. As for the warranty, depends on the seller, might have a US warranty, might have a seller warranty, with out the link to the item, wouldn't know, best bet is check there FAQ or conditions

Yep, white box with red ends, which is pretty standard for EF-S lenses. Or the STM version comes in a silver box with black ends, which I've only seen previously on L-series lenses.

Though it is possible that you might see the odd 55-250 in a regular "white box". This denotes lenses which were originally supplied to retailers in kits with cameras (in thus case, a two-lens kit) and have been split out of the kit to be sold separately.

Just bear in mind that you will likely pay import duty on a lens coming from the States.

I've seen this as cheap as £70.00 on sites like cash converters and cash generator (one there for £90 delivered at the mo) - remember if you're buying on the Internet you can send it back if it's not in good shape.

Yep, white box with red ends, which is pretty standard for EF-S lenses. Or the STM version comes in a silver box with black ends, which I've only seen previously on L-series lenses.

Though it is possible that you might see the odd 55-250 in a regular "white box". This denotes lenses which were originally supplied to retailers in kits with cameras (in thus case, a two-lens kit) and have been split out of the kit to be sold separately.

Thanks for that, there's a few white boxes about at the moment and wondered why the difference.

Back