Canon Elstree repair?

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
I Need to get my 5D4 fixed (the thread on the tripod mount screw has broken!)
What i'd really like is to speak to them first to see if they'll offer a fixed price repair.
The instructions on the website suggests to just send it in and they'll contact you with a quote.
Problem is, their phone lines are only open during my working hours and i doubt i'll have enough time in my lunch to get through.
Was hoping someone on here may know if they have an email address?

btw. Camera is out of warranty and i'm a gold CPS member fwiw!

Bit of an update if anyone's interested!
I emailed them and got back a quote containing: Labour 1hr @ £70/hr, parts £9-£30, return delivery plus VAT.
As it's definately not a DIY job (camera has to be taken apart to replace thread),went ahead and sent it in.
Got a reply yesterday that the work is done, replaced thread plate, calibrated, cleaned and serviced plus return delivery for £100.18
It's a lot to just replace the tripod socket thread, but quite happy with the service.
Lets just hope it works fine when I get it back today! :cool:
Oh, and they cleaned the outside!!!

Bit of an update if anyone's interested!
I emailed them and got back a quote containing: Labour 1hr @ £70/hr, parts £9-£30, return delivery plus VAT.
As it's definately not a DIY job (camera has to be taken apart to replace thread),went ahead and sent it in.
Got a reply yesterday that the work is done, replaced thread plate, calibrated, cleaned and serviced plus return delivery for £100.18
It's a lot to just replace the tripod socket thread, but quite happy with the service.
Lets just hope it works fine when I get it back today! :cool:
Oh, and they cleaned the outside!!!
Great news!

I know it does seem a lot... however camera's are expensive bits of gear and relative to the purchase price, it's not too bad. Really impressed with the turn around time!

Great news!

I know it does seem a lot... however camera's are expensive bits of gear and relative to the purchase price, it's not too bad. Really impressed with the turn around time!
Yeah, turn around time really good, sent it RMSD last Saturday so they'd receive it Monday. They then don't touch the package for 24hrs for COVID rules, and it's due for delivery today by UPS. (y)

There is one major problem with using canon elstree that hasn't effected you or many others...

If you send a lens or body for a repair to X they wont fix or send back to you unless the whole unit is in top condition.. So anything else broken or not up to canons standards will also be fixed and charged for...Or they wont do anything..

I have a working camera thats in a bit of a state to look at but works great.. I wanted to have the shutter replaced just as a matter of course not because it had gone.. it was working perfect.. just done over half a million so I thought prudent to have it changed.... they wouldnt do it without also replacing rubers on body.. replacing a badly scuffed windown and a few other bits and bats that nearly doubled the price.. so I told them not to bother and send body back.. Camera still working as is and probably will for along time :)

Back