Bargain Canon EOS 1300D

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
not sure if this is in the right place

my son has asked for a Camera for some reason he wants a canon :( so price the 1300D for him most places have it around the £370 Wilkinson cameras have body & EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens £369

in costco they have it for £269 body & EF III 18-55mm Lens, bag 8GB SD card

question is which lens is better?

PS :canon::nikon:

As I understand it the Mk III DC lens is non image stabilised and very much the poor member pf the 4 kit lenses Canon has produced.

The Mk II has switchable Image Stabiliation and is of very robust construction compared to the Mk III.

My grandson got the 1300D with the latest Mk 4 (STM) IS kit ldns which may be wofth seeing out. The 'Stepping motor' is essentially silent so if being used for viddo, the motor noise id not tranferred to the soundtrack as the lens auto focusses. This was noticeable on my 750D when I chsnged from an older USM 18-135 to the S 18-135 lens.

Might be worth looking at the latest Mk 4 lens for a deal.

Steve

As I understand it the Mk III DC lens is non image stabilised and very much the poor member pf the 4 kit lenses Canon has produced.

The Mk II has switchable Image Stabiliation and is of very robust construction compared to the Mk III.

My grandson got the 1300D with the latest Mk 4 (STM) IS kit ldns which may be wofth seeing out. The 'Stepping motor' is essentially silent so if being used for viddo, the motor noise id not tranferred to the soundtrack as the lens auto focusses. This was noticeable on my 750D when I chsnged from an older USM 18-135 to the S 18-135 lens.

Steve

I’ve also read that the STM is optically better as well.

Steve

I’ve also read that the STM is optically better as well.

thanks Steve/Dave for answering I went and got the 1300D, from costco, in the end, I have a few old canon lens he can use, if he still using it this time next year, I'll look at getting him new lens

Back