Canon eos 1d MK II n

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
hi to all just bought a mint example of this camera arriving in the morning , any tips or tricks that you know of ???
Chris

Get it out the box, stick a lens on it and go out for two days shooting everything at 8FPS.

No matter how much you know you shouldn't be drawn in by that speed and that choosing your moment is nearly always better, you won't be able to help it. The best bet is to get it out of your system as soon as possible. ;)

How much did you pay and how many shutter actions has it done ?.

I have this camera. It is BRILLIANT! Enjoy.

£1,200 and just 11,000, which i thought was a good price .....hopefully

Had mine up for sale with 6000 actions for £1400 in mint condition, how did you miss it on the site. I still have it by the way so anyone want one for £1400.

Had mine up for sale with 6000 actions for £1400 in mint condition, how did you miss it on the site. I still have it by the way so anyone want one for £1400.

:D

sorry i missed it , but only really just started looking, as i was selling my 5d to fund the purchase
(y)

hi to all just bought a mint example of this camera arriving in the morning , any tips or tricks that you know of ???
Chris

Have a look through all the custom and personal functions and see if any of them are useful to you in the way you want to use the camera.
All sorts of things can be done with them.

two days shooting everything at 8FPS.

No matter how much you know you shouldn't be drawn in by that speed and that choosing your moment is nearly always better, you won't be able to help it. The best bet is to get it out of your system as soon as possible. ;)

:eek::eek::eek:

Should make for a horrible increase in the shutter count...

:D:LOL:

But sage advice, I also bought myself one and still waiting for it to arrive but anticipating the shot and being ready for it will help a great deal.

Once you have THAT down and add the 8.x FPS you will get OUTSTANDING results.

I already get them at 4FPS on my 1Ds II

You also shouldn't be afraid to use a burst at 8fps either.
Its brilliant for birds in flight photos for example, where the wing position can be detrimental to the photo sometimes.

Back