Canon EOS 1D MkIII - oh dear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit My Images
Yes
Went to pick up some flash gear this morning, and the shop is a Canon Pro dealer

While waiting to be served a fellow tog was having BOTH his cameras sent back to Canon for repair - Err 99 - I think they said, apparently meaning they didn't know what the error actually was :(

Still, being a Canon Pro dealer, he could of course borrow one while his was being repaired... except he couldn't as the shop's own Canon EOS 1D MkIII had also gone back for repair :shake:

They did manage to find an older model that worked though

Don't think I'll be switching to Canon anytime soon :D

DD

Mr Argumentative this evening methinks.........:D

I saw a BMW broke down on the hard shoulder last week... put me right off getting one :)

Just you wait till the Canon 1D Mark IV hit's the market, it have all those Nikon D3 users laughing on their otherside of their faces. :p

I saw a BMW broke down on the hard shoulder last week... put me right off getting one :)

That would only put me off if I saw TWO BMWs broken down side by side and the dealer who sold the cars was 100 yards further down the road with his own car lying with it's throat cut too :LOL:

I don't understand the point of this thread.

Its a tool. Tools break down, and need to be repaired.

I really don't get this Nikon vs. Canon thing. Seems a bit childish to me.

:clap:

Personally on a agnostic forum this like, childish mine's bigger than yours threads should just be locked IMHO.

Its beyond tedious.

I thought the OP was quite interesting. Merely telling an anecdote about a coincidence DD witnessed didn't seem too incendiary to me???

The thing I find most tedious about this forum is that people love to see evil goings on in every bloody thread.

Yadda yadda yadda...

I thought the OP was quite interesting. Merely telling an anecdote about a coincidence DD witnessed didn't seem too incendiary to me???

The thing I find most tedious about this forum is that people love to see evil goings on in every bloody thread.

Yadda yadda yadda...

Cheers (y)

I kinda posted it as I felt sorry for the poor sod who'd had two cameras fail, and then to not be able to borrow one either as theirs have broken too - how crap is that

Of course we all know Canon make brill cameras, but these ones just don't seem that reliable do they :(

DD

:popcorn:

:clap:

Personally on a agnostic forum this like, childish mine's bigger than yours threads should just be locked IMHO.

Its beyond tedious.

The thread never started off as a childish rant. Just someone informing us that 3 cameras (top of the range Canon's) were all broken. It does seem to show a quality issue.

I have a bottom of the range Canon 350d and I am happy with it but the impression I get from Canon v Nikon is like PC v Mac.
The PC is the market leader but the Mac is better. It is quicker and more reliable. (I am a PC owner I dont have a Mac. Maybe both of my choices are wrong......:thinking::naughty::thinking:

The thread never started off as a childish rant. Just someone informing us that 3 cameras (top of the range Canon's) were all broken. It does seem to show a quality issue.

I didn't say the thread was childish, just the whole Canon vs Nikon thing.

Agnostic? As in someone who doesn't believe in God???

That's not really what agnostic means.

I was in my local Audi garage last week and there were 30+ Audi cars waiting to be repaired, hardly suprising then if you go into a Canon Pro Dealer that there will be Canon cameras waiting to be repaired :)

I have a Canon 1D MkIII that is faultless, maybe I have just set it up properly?

I too hate Nikon users who abuse Canon users :bang:

Chris Gill ;)

I was in my local Audi garage last week and there were 30+ Audi cars waiting to be repaired, hardly suprising then if you go into a Canon Pro Dealer that there will be Canon cameras waiting to be repaired :)

I have a Canon 1D MkIII that is faultless, maybe I have just set it up properly?

I too hate Nikon users who abuse Canon users :bang:

Chris Gill ;)

Aahh..!! But were they top of the range Audi's ;)

All Audi's are top of the range :wave:

Chris Gill ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back