Canon EOS 1n 35mm film camera

Edit My Images
No
Does anyone own, or have any experience with this camera ?

I have some EOS lenses, so thought this camera would be a good way to use my lenses for film as well as digital.

Have also looked at EOS 3, but does not seem to have the same build quality, that the EOS 1N has. (y)

Having had both I would recommend the 3. It feels significantly better spec'd, has about a million AF points and is just all round amazing

There's no queries about the build quality of the EOS-3, it may be "polycarbonate" rather than Cast Magnesium chasis, but frankly to hold it you couldn't tell. Ans from an operational point of view the only other AF Canon 35mm body that i'd swap mine for is the EOS-1V.

(this from someone who's owned, used and thrashed unmercifully the EOS-1, EOS-1n and EOS-1V, as well as a pair of EOS-3's)

Does anyone own, or have any experience with this camera ?

I have some EOS lenses, so thought this camera would be a good way to use my lenses for film as well as digital.

Have also looked at EOS 3, but does not seem to have the same build quality, that the EOS 1N has. (y)

It's a strange thing, but I have both, the 1N having a battery grip so aesthetically, ergonomically, feeling a lot like a 1D DSLR. My 3 I suppose could also be battery gripped which is how I like my 5DII. I can't get on with the magic eye malarkey on the 3 which I put down to being a speccy four eyes!:nuts:

Neither actually gets a lot of use as I grab an Oly OM system body now for 35mm film but, you know, I'll charge the batteries and if the sun shines on the local agricultural show tomorrow I'll stick the 70-200 on the front and put a 1.4x converter in my pocket.

Thank you all for your very helpful replies.

As much as i would like an EOS 1V, i think they are still a bit pricey for me at the moment.

I have seen, EOS 1n's and EOS 3's in e++ condition, for between £150 - 200, which is reasonable. I very much doubt ever finding one mint, as i think most of these cameras, were used professionally.

Although the EOS 3 has more focusing points and more features than the 1n, i feel more drawn to a 1n. (y)

I used to have a 1n, was a cracking piece of kit, AF was excellent and it was a joy to handle, just felt amazing in the hand (y)

I have both the EOS 1NHS which is boxed and in mint condition and a EOS 1V which is also boxed but not quite mint. I haven't yet put a film in either yet but I may sell the 1N HS and just keep the 1V

I have both the EOS 1NHS which is boxed and in mint condition and a EOS 1V which is also boxed but not quite mint. I haven't yet put a film in either yet but I may sell the 1N HS and just keep the 1V

It's a shame your not a regularly contributing member of the forum Graham, or you'd have been able to put them in the classifieds... sadly, with a posting rate of 4 posts since 2010, I'm guessing that before you qualify for the classifieds everyone will have stopped producing film :(

It's a shame your not a regularly contributing member of the forum Graham, or you'd have been able to put them in the classifieds... sadly, with a posting rate of 4 posts since 2010, I'm guessing that before you qualify for the classifieds everyone will have stopped producing film :(

I say! One does get a better class of irony here in F&C :naughty:

Back