Canon EOS 1N HS

Its heavy, has 5 focus points in a row covering about the middle third of the frame, is really really high FPS, and is built like a tank

If you need something indestructable then its great, if its not going to get drenched/beaten around, maybe its a bit too heavy

A 3 is a great compromise, especially if you get the booster as well. In really both are great cameras, you'll be happy with either (or both :bonk:)

Its heavy, has 5 focus points in a row covering about the middle third of the frame, is really really high FPS, and is built like a tank

If you need something indestructable then its great, if its not going to get drenched/beaten around, maybe its a bit too heavy

A 3 is a great compromise, especially if you get the booster as well. In really both are great cameras, you'll be happy with either (or both :bonk:)

I was going to use it just for bw, portraits some landscapes, i use a 40D so my ef lenses will fit, can you tell me what was is it's main uses.

It should be fine for both portraits and landscapes

I tend to use all of my bodies interchangebaly now I've got my 5d as they are all full frame. You wont get any crop factor advantages you may be used to with your 40d, but on the plus side your wideangle lenses will be wide

The only problem I have with the 1n is the AF points, 5 in a row is a bit limiting but as I tend to use MF for most things except animal shots it doesn't really matter

If I was given the chioce of the 1n or the 3 for the same money, I would chose a 3

i have a choice of 2, 1 at £200 with 6 months warranty, and the other is in a auction.

Can you tell me what the 1N HS means.

The 1 marks it as a 1 series, the professional canon range, n marks it as the second (i think) of the 1 series, after the Eos1 and before the Eos 1v (which is still being made).

HS means it has the PB E1, which takes AA batteries and ups the FPS to about 6 i think

£200 is about the going price I think, but it depends on condition

I have just bought a Canon 1N HS, i should arrive about Tuesday, can anyone tell me about the flash unit that will fit this camera,

The flash unit i use is the 430EX 11 and i am going to buy the 580 EX 11 as my master unit.

Hi

Before and when I bought my EOS 1 RS I used this site for reference and it can give you information on the Flash systems

http://www.mir.SPAM/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/eos/index.htm

Back