Beginner Canon EOS 3 impulse buy

Name
Clint
Edit My Images
Yes
So I bought a second hand EOS 3. I already own Canon EF lenses. Any tips. I put a roll of XP 400 in but have yet to push the shutter!

To start with, I would try pushing that shutter! ;)

Then just have fun. I started with film about a year ago, and love it now. Even process my own negatives. Haven't broken into printing yet, but maybe in the next house I'll install a darkroom and have some fun.

So I bought a second hand EOS 3. I already own Canon EF lenses. Any tips. I put a roll of XP 400 in but have yet to push the shutter!

Tips? Just use it and get to know your camera, lenses and film...practice makes perfect ;)

Soon I'll push that button! Have to get a test roll through it to make sure it's working. Thinking I will get a roll prrocessed at snappy snaps to see if the AF and seals are ok.

Soon I'll push that button! Have to get a test roll through it to make sure it's working. Thinking I will get a roll prrocessed at snappy snaps to see if the AF and seals are ok.

If you are lucky you might find an Asda superstore near you that still does film, about £3 for dev and scanned to a CD..and in the weekday will do it in about 35mins. Watch out for snappysnaps as depending where you go can charge from £4 to £7 just for dev, mind you this was for 120 film and dunno what the charge is for 35mm.

I always use Snappy Snaps for colour 35mm film. Costs me £5.00 for develop and scan to memory stick. Snappy Snaps are a franchise and quality can be variable. Here in Lincoln the staff are all film buffs and take great care - can't guarantee that everywhere.

The EOS 3 is great fun, I haave one along witb an EOS 5. Film really challenges as you are limited to 24/36 frames and £s to get to see them. It's a grounding mechanism and you really have to think about your shots. It has been a while since I did my own D&P but getting tempted to dig out my stored kit.

I need to downsize my Pentax M kit whilst getting my 645 out and working!

I have shot about 5 rolls whilst on my recent trip and the discipline of a fixed number of frames as opposed to a multi sqillion capacity memory card is very real!

Enjoy!

Thought this was funny from another forum

6748_42_1.jpg

Back