Canon eos 400d Upgrade

Name
craig
Edit My Images
No
So I am ready to upgrade my cannon eos 400d but what to is my question there is so many various options out there im spoilt for choice, Does anyone have any recommendations

no budget, current lenses or anything?

id go for a 1dmk4 :)

budget -600d/ 2nd hand 5d

bit more 60d/7d

but thats just me :)

So I am ready to upgrade my cannon eos 400d but what to is my question there is so many various options out there im spoilt for choice, Does anyone have any recommendations

What lens do you have?

Whats is your budget?

What do you take photo of?

Why to you feel you have out grown the eos 400?

What lens do you have?

Whats is your budget?

What do you take photo of?

Why to you feel you have out grown the eos 400?

Some sensible questions for once on these threads rather than buy this or buy that :D

At moment I have a budget of about £800 I take photos of pretty much everything i can people landscaped birds and so on, I prefer not to stick to 1 subject I get easily bored I really should start posting them on here for some cc, to be honest I had a bit of an accident with my 400D I bought it brand new when it first came out, I was taking pictures of a large fish in a rock pool last summer and it got splased with some salt water and the flash will not pop up iv looked at geting it fixed which is a fair few ££££s

What lens do you use? If they are the kit lens you would be best upgrading those first before the 400D.

At moment I have a budget of about £800 I take photos of pretty much everything i can people landscaped birds and so on, I prefer not to stick to 1 subject I get easily bored I really should start posting them on here for some cc, to be honest I had a bit of an accident with my 400D I bought it brand new when it first came out, I was taking pictures of a large fish in a rock pool last summer and it got splased with some salt water and the flash will not pop up iv looked at geting it fixed which is a fair few ££££s

is your budget for body only or body and lens?

Are you happy to buy 2nd hand?

I would be looking to buy just the body yes i would consider 2nd hand , yea sorry its the 17-55 kit lens

Last edited:
Maybe a 50d and tamron 17-50 non vc that would be around £650 2nd hand.

Then sell the 17-55 and maybe the 55-200 and save for 70-200 f4.

You might be able to get a canon 60d and a tamron 17-50 for your budget.

Back