Canon EOS 50D Firmware update

Edit My Images
No
I noticed, belatedly, there's a Firmware update available since 2012 - Version 1.0.9. But funny thing, the official Canon firmware site correctly detects I'm running Windows 10 (64 Bit), confirms that Version 1.0.9 is available for download but yet does not list Windows 10 as a Compatible platform.

https://www.canon.ie/support/consumer_products/products/cameras/digital_slr/eos_50d.html?type=firmware&firmwaredetailid=tcm:24-907041&os=windows%2010%20%2864-bit%29&language=

Any ideas why? Or might this be just an editing oversight and I can download anyway?

I noticed, belatedly, there's a Firmware update available since 2012 - Version 1.0.9. But funny thing, the official Canon firmware site correctly detects I'm running Windows 10 (64 Bit), confirms that Version 1.0.9 is available for download but yet does not list Windows 10 as a Compatible platform.

https://www.canon.ie/support/consumer_products/products/cameras/digital_slr/eos_50d.html?type=firmware&firmwaredetailid=tcm:24-907041&os=windows%2010%20%2864-bit%29&language=

Any ideas why? Or might this be just an editing oversight and I can download anyway?

Daresay Win10 hadn't even been invented when the last 50D firmware update was issued.
Can't see it making much difference, if you can download it and copy it to a card it should work ok
Only you can decide if you want to give it a go though.

Last edited:
Tickety-Boo!
Once downloaded to my PC, it took just 3 mins to load the CF Card and upload to D50. now running V 1.0.9
Thanks for the encouragement TT. You were right, Win 10 was unheard of when the firmware was released.

M.

Tickety-Boo!
Once downloaded to my PC, it took just 3 mins to load the CF Card and upload to D50. now running V 1.0.9
Thanks for the encouragement TT. You were right, Win 10 was unheard of when the firmware was released.

M.

Good job, I updated my 40D on a newer version of Windows that wasn't out when I bought the camera

Back