Canon EOS 6D MkII Viewfinder

Edit My Images
No
Hello all, I'm considering the purchase of a Canon EOR 6D MkII. The viewfinder covers only 98% of the frame. Has anyone had an issue with this?

Thanks,
Arthur

Nope. Nor did I with previous camera where it was 95% or less... Worst case you have to digitally trim anything obtrusive off from the razor thin extra part of the image versus what you thought you were taking.

Looking at it another way - if the image is 6000x4000 you have around 60 pixels extra in a band all around that weren't in the viewfinder.

The other thing of consideration regarding the viewfinder is the AF points don't cover the whole frame. Not much of a big deal to people shooting landscape or tabletop stuff who manually focus the lens.

I used my 6D2 today as my R5 is at Canon one thing I noticed straight away is that the focus points are grouped in the centre area and there isn’t a joystick to quickly move the focus point have to select function with a button first then move the circular control , for most things its not an issue but for shooting animals it’s not ideal

I used my 6D2 today as my R5 is at Canon one thing I noticed straight away is that the focus points are grouped in the centre area and there isn’t a joystick to quickly move the focus point have to select function with a button first then move the circular control , for most things its not an issue but for shooting animals it’s not ideal
Yet the 5Diii has!

Probably brought it back after user feedback

Yet the 5Diii has!

Probably brought it back after user feedback
Yes that’s probably true actually
It’s a shame as the 6D 2 has great image quality just the controls are not as good as they should be
My previous camera to the 6D 2 was a 7D 2 that had excellent controls and auto focus still very good image quality but being full frame the 6D has better IQ
The R5 has both with even better auto focus

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

The limited auto focus area is something to consider. However, my current camera has a smaller area and I've gotten quite used to using focus lock. One of the things I like about this camera is the articulated display. I like to shoot low; this feature could keep my off of my belly.

cheers

I have the mk1 and the vf coverage has never bothered me.

But then, of my dozens of slr cameras I think only one model had a 100% vf.

Back