Canon EOS 760D Non-Standard Batteries

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just bought a new 760D body from Wex for which I intended to purchase a few non-Canon batteries to keep in my kit bag for it, but from what I've seen so far the batteries are coded by Canon so if you use non-standard batteries the camera throws out errors and their charger doesn't charge them?!

Anyone got around this problem who could point me in the direction of a non-Canon battery that's truest compatible?

Any / all advice appreciated.

Kev

I think you may get a problem with some of the cheaper batteries, but I have some clone batteries for my 5D2 and they work fine.

Try Ex-Pro batteries from Amazon - Amazon's good returns policy means that if they don't work as you feel they should, you can return them for a refund.

Lp-e17 I've been looking at getting some for my m5, always used 3rd party batteries but this type needs separate charger, shows warning uon screen and locks battery indicator.

Yes dizidav I have a 5D2 and there is no issue using clones with that or my 7D1, but the newer 750/760 batteries do unfortunately.

Thanks nod, I looked at those on Amazon, but the majority of the feedback on the 760 chipped ones were negative ...

Thanks jrj- I have seen them on eBay where they provide a charger with the cloned battery - guess that gets around the problem if the canon charger failing to charge them - if the only problem in camera is a warning and the remaining battery life indicator being unreliable I think I'll give them s go.

Many thanks

The cloned batteries for 750D/760D/M3/M5 generally will not charge on the Canon OEM charger and , although chipped, will not shoe the charge level on the camera. For my 750D I have 2 0EM LP-17 and 2 DSTE copies. I use the DSTE batteries as back up to the OEM and, to date, I find the DSTE batteries work as well as the OEM but the loss of the battery level is a bit of a pain when I shoot video.

I would advise against buying the HK supplied 'original' Canon batteries off EBay. A friend got one for her M3 - poor copy and 50℅ less use before exhaustion but it did show battery level on the M3 screen ????

Back