Canon eos 7D or 6D??

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Hi
I'm fairly new to digital moving over from 35mm finally. I've been trying to do some research on the 7D and 6D and both get great reviews but I'm reading that much - I'm getting a bit confused now and don't know which way to go.
Money is a real sticking point so I'm wondering if its worth waiting to save up some more money and get a full frame 6D or just go out there and get a 7D now.
I don't already have any EFS lenses so that isn't the deciding point.
I take a really wide variety of photographs from landscape to motorsport to the family and kids.
The cameras got to last me a long time due to finances, I'm just a keen amateur photographer - do you think full frame will be wasting my money, I didn't have this problem with 35mm. All I'm thinking is a 7D is a fair chunk cheaper allowing me to put the rest of my money into lenses for it but obviously its not full frame. I don't want to go out there and spend a load of money only to think in a few months Oh I wish I'd just got the other etc etc.

Sorry to sound confused but Iam ??????? :bonk:

Many thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
I was in the same situation up until today, I ordered a 7D from Panamoz for a fantastic price of £690 (+5% extra off as I paid via bank transfer).

Really can't beat it at that price.

Also consider the added expense of EF lenses if you go full frame!

Definitely go for the 6D if you can afford it, don't need a heavy body or ultra quick AF. Lenses will feel more natural to you at their original 35mm field of view, and the high ISO performance is astonishing!

Panamoz are selling them for £1260.00 at the moment which is a steal!

If you want to spend as little as possible, whilst still retaining a decent size body, go for a 60D which is a lighter weight 7D with less exciting AF. It's not as well built though, although perfectly fine for most users. Image quality will be the same as the 7D as they share the same sensor. There is a 1.6x factor to lenses though which might take some getting used to.

They are two different camera's for different reason's as follow's,

6D is great for Landscapes and portraits and will be better in low light and give more detail, it is also the most current model from canon so prices are high at the moment.

7D is a great camera for motorsport and wildlife due to its fast 7fps and the cropped 1/6 sensor give a narrow field of view so a 70-300mm lens will apear more like 480mm at the longer length, But the 7D has been around for a while now and some complain about the noise at higher ISO's but you can pick up a good bargain just now.

Depends on what you realy think your gonna use the camera for the most and if cost is a major deciding factor.

Back