Canon EOS 90D Owners Thread

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
Having searched the form, there isn’t at present a dedicated Canon EOS 90D Owners thread, so here goes. Please feel free to post relevant details, queries and images taken with your 90D.

I’ll start off the info with a link to the online User Manual - https://th.canon/en/support/0303624301/1 . It is a mere 646 pages in total.

OP
OP
Bevvo
Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
Having used my 90D for the first time today I can report excellent battery life. I took 968 shots along with quite a bit of reviewing the images on-screen and my battery still shows as being 78% full. It will easily exceed the 1,300 shots as shown in the official specifications.

As for the images themselves, I haven’t downloaded them onto my desktop yet but at present they seem to be an improvement on what I got from my 70D.

OP
OP
Bevvo
Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
This video, again by Michael Andrew, is the equivalent (but better imho) of the Canon 90D user manual in video format. It’s around 2 1/2 hours in length, so not something you would want to watch in one go, but very comprehensive.

View: https://youtu.be/d2yZSLmEUAk

OP
OP
Bevvo
Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
I thought there would be a lot more banter in this thread , did not many buy the 90 D ?
I am thinking not, reasons in my head, its crossover from 80d and 7d so sort of is neither one or the other, think a lot of people were wanting a 7dmk3, I actually asked a canon rep yesterday about a 7dmk3 he said as far as he knew it was not in the pipeline, I also think mirrorless is playing a big part, maybe canon will develop a model aps-c which would be equivalent to 7d models, just my thoughts

Name
Dale.
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm waiting to see if Canon do indeed bring out the 7Diii, or a mirrorless version of it. Then I will make the decision, 90D, 7Diii or whatever, or none.

I think a lot of people are doing the same.

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
If it had been a step up from the 7D mk II it would of been very popular indeed, but as mentioned above most people me included are waiting to see if there will be a 7D mk III.

Edit My Images
No
Personally , I think we all been kept waiting to long for a 7Dmklll , and I don`t see it coming anytime soon either . I was still using the 7D till the early part of this year , as the Mklll looked imminent I waited and waited , and ended up getting a good 2nd hand 7Dmkll . I am very happy with it , I might say . Hard to really judge the 90D with so little feedback from actual users so far .

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
I did try the 90d in a shop yesterday, interior shot with kit lens at 6400 ISO had a good look on the screen and was quite impressed at lack of noise, done a couple over and under exposed and still impressed, however I will add no idea what onboard settings were employed re noise reduction

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just bought a 90D, what I have noticed is that the Quick Menu screen on the LCD doesn't show when you half press the shutter unlike the 800D and 100D which I have, not sure if this can be changed? I know you can see most of this info on the top lcd panel, but seems strange to either have to press the Q button or the Info button to display it on the LCD screen.

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
Yes
One thing I did like was the fact you couldn't change the Mode without pressing the centre button, infact it took me a while to work out that you have to press the button to change modes. On the 100D and 800D the mode button can be switched to a different mode by simply putting the camera in your bag or taking it out again - it's happened to me a few times....