canon EOS D1 MK 3

Name
Philip wood
Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone know please if the 1D MK 3 is better than the 5D as as it is only 10 meg against 13.3 for the 5D

if you need a fast frame per second rate then the mk111 is great. the smaller file size is enough for press work which is why the camera is aimed at press togs. If your doing landscapes and like wide angles, then the 5D with it's full frame sensor and larger files size would be better.

I agree, depends on use but it really is swings and roundabouts. The mkIII is DigicIII with 14bit and much better noise handling than older models. The 5D is slightly higher resolution on a larger sensor. I think you'd have to pixel peep to really see the difference between the two so it really comes down to cost and other features.

Both are very nice cameras, but I wonder if you need the advantages the 1D will give you over the 5D.

Do you need a high burst rate and a more rugged body. The 1D is aimed at the press and sports market. The 1D is also heavier.

If you don't need the additional features on the 1D get the 5D and spend the difference on a lens or accessories,

or even a holiday ;)

1D series camera's are the best, I had a 5D and got shut in less than a week. The 1D series in my mind is way ahead of the 5D it's like a Lada and a Ferrari, would never buy anything other then a 1D series ever again.

Everyone get a 1D series cos it's like well good init, all them ovver cams is well minging, ya know.

Or to put it another way - Papa, care to gives some reasons?

:D

Try a 1D series camera PXL8 and then you will know, it,s like a box brownie and a, well 1D series camera. Untill you use one you will never know what the difference is, and it's a big one. This is how big it is, today i was offered this deal, all new boxed and never used.
£500 delivered, no thanks 1D series for me only, tried less and it's no good for me.

# Canon EOS 40D Body
# Canon EF 100mm f2.8 Macro USM Lens
# Canon Macrolite MR-14EX Flashgun
# BP-511A Battery Pack
# CB-5L Battery Charger
# EW-100DGR Wide Strap
# 2 Gig Sandisk 3 compact flash

I've used plenty of 1Ds so I know exactly what they're like and I'm not denying what you say it true. But if you are going to make the statement the reasons behind it would actually help the OP understand why.

If someone offered me a 40D package like that (assuming it has survived the fall from the lorry) I'd buy it in a second and have it on ebay a second after that for a tidy profit.

Does anyone know please if the 1D MK 3 is better than the 5D as as it is only 10 meg against 13.3 for the 5D

The 2 cameras are designed for 2 totally different areas of photogrpahy, 5d has a full frame sensor, 1d Mk3 has a 1.3 crop sensor, 1d MK3 does 10fps 5d does not. 1d is weather sealed 5d is not.

Im afraid you cant just judge a DSLR by its megapixel size, there is so much more involved in it.

Err.. can we have a pop at this bargain 40D?? :shrug: (y)

Try a 1D series camera PXL8 and then you will know, it,s like a box brownie and a, well 1D series camera. Untill you use one you will never know what the difference is, and it's a big one. This is how big it is, today i was offered this deal, all new boxed and never used.
£500 delivered, no thanks 1D series for me only, tried less and it's no good for me.

# Canon EOS 40D Body
# Canon EF 100mm f2.8 Macro USM Lens
# Canon Macrolite MR-14EX Flashgun
# BP-511A Battery Pack
# CB-5L Battery Charger
# EW-100DGR Wide Strap
# 2 Gig Sandisk 3 compact flash

If you were really offered that and turned it down... well, how can we use your judgement for anything... The Flash and Lens alone are worth the £500, with the 40D thrown in free...

Back on topic...

Ive got both 5D and 1D bodies, albeit the older 1DmkII. Ive got to disagree to a certain extent, yes the 1d is a nicer body to hold and feels more like a pro tool, but, at the end of the day they are both doing the same job, the 5D does an amazing job for the money...

Personally I use the 5D for indoor work and things that are still and the 1D for outdoor work and things that are moving... simply as, i dont pick the body based on which feels nicest.

I wanted to split it up an have the flash but the guy wont do that. The lot is going on EBAY soon, but at £750 so if you want it check it out. I will let you know when it is up on EBAY.

Back