Canon EOS M Series Cameras

Just managed to sell my original M, farewell old friend lol.
Great little camera especially for the price.

Just a quickie. I'm currently on Lewis and off to St Kilda tomorrow. I have my 1DIV and M3 with me. The 1DIV has hardly been out. I'm really enjoying using the M3. I have the 17-40mm permanently attached and as I say I'm loving it. Nice feel to the combo and I'm liking the results too. So much easier carrying the M3/17-40 compared to the 1DIV/24-70

Neil

I'm still using the original M....

18773947981_c49d004faf_b.jpg

From Cornwall last week.

I'd love that too. A 22mm, 50mm, 85mm kit would be exactly what I want. That said my 17-40mm has been glued to the M3 for the last 2 weeks!

I know this has come up before but... Anyone using the 55-250 STM on an M? If so how are you getting on with it?
I have, it's quite a good combo, I eventually bought the EFM 55-200 which was better, focused faster and was a lot quieter. You can see some of the shots I took with the EF-S here
https://flic.kr/s/aHsjKhFVNC
I missed focus on a few of the bird shots, but overall its not a bad lens. I'll be listing mine on the classified in the next day or so as I'm not using my EOS M kit much anymore.

Last edited:
I have, it's quite a good combo, I eventually bought the EFM 55-200 which was better, focused faster and was a lot quieter. You can see some of the shots I took with the EF-S here
I missed focus on a few of the bird shots, but overall its not a bad lens. I'll be listing mine on the classified in the next day or so as I'm not using my EOS M kit much anymore.
Lol, and I just bought his EF-M 55-200 ;) It arrived today btw Jim, will test it when I get home this evening and post back on the original thread. All seems fine from an initial once over though...

This completed my line up of current Canon EF-M lenses. Hopefully I'll have time enough to save up for the 85mm when it get's released now :)

Lol, and I just bought his EF-M 55-200 ;) It arrived today btw Jim, will test it when I get home this evening and post back on the original thread. All seems fine from an initial once over though...

This completed my line up of current Canon EF-M lenses. Hopefully I'll have time enough to save up for the 85mm when it get's released now :)
Cheers Tim.

Well I'm happy to see new lenses coming to the M, but what I really want to see is a nice little macro prime.

Me too. It's the one type of lens I wish I'd had in my bag this week.

Woohoo - my £3.83 Nikon F to EOS adapter has arrived. Cue much Ai lens fiddling....

18712797840_92e387da0f_c.jpg

105mm F2.5 Ai lens - wide open

Last edited:

Thanks for the info, i might just look out for the 55-200 M lens then. I did see your one up for sale but only after it had been bought! Really I need to stop buying gear and start using it... Shame retail therapy is so enjoyable.

has anybody used Tamron or Sigma lenses with the Canon adapter?

I have tried a couple. Tried a Tamron 70-300 which was hopeless, focus was dog slow and noisy (while not the fastest) it was much quicker and quieter on my 600D. Have also used the Sigma 85 f1.4 which seems to work really well with it. Suspect that better third party lenses will work better than the cheap ones...

I have tried a couple. Tried a Tamron 70-300 which was hopeless, focus was dog slow and noisy (while not the fastest) it was much quicker and quieter on my 600D. Have also used the Sigma 85 f1.4 which seems to work really well with it. Suspect that better third party lenses will work better than the cheap ones...

cheers, might be better to go for a Canon 55-250 then, just after a cheap ef/ mount long zoom to try.

From a nice leisurely Lancashire walk yesterday afternoon :) Thought i would give the EOS an airing and saw this sign outside a local pub. Unfortunately this was only 10 minutes after starting the walk so i couldn't convince the boss to go in for a swift one :LOL:
Can't argue with that by andyroberts1868, on Flickr

Last edited:
Last edited:
The latest on my tamron 18-200mm m mount:
I sent it to intro2020 and they told me I'd have to pay for the firmware update as I was the second owner therefore warranty no longer valid. I argued that they should be updating this lens as a goodwill gesture since its not fit for purpose i.e. supposed to be compatible with canon m series but doesn't work on M3. Anyway, they gave a firm no but said they would send it to tamron in germany and give me an estimate of cost to see if I wanted to go ahead.
Three weeks later and I get an email saying that tamron have updated it for free as a goodwill gesture and I only need to pay return postage from intro2020 to myself (£10.20). Result!
So I should finally have a working lens in a few days.

Love the elephant hawk-moth. Not found one myself yet. Do you use a moth trap?

Yeah a friend recently got a trap and these are some of what they have caught so far. I had never seen one before today but they had two in the trap this morning (had some last week too but I couldn't get over to see thrm).

Back