Canon EOS M Series Cameras

FF e mount cameras automatically detect it's crop and framing evf etc / sensor crop adjust accordingly. So you can easily use crop lenses on a ff Sony.
It's a divisive issue, I'd rather not use crop lenses on FF cameras. Can't see the point in paying for twice as many pixels as Ill be using.

So if your a sports shooter who uses apsc. You look at the Canon mirrorless system and your screwed due to poor apsc bodies currently out and now you gotta buy a bloody adapter to use any future rf sports tele lenses.. Quality

Yet your happy to pay a adapter to use canon rf lenses on a m50?
(I couldn't possibly buy as rf adaptor - they're not for sale nor are the lenses...

I'm happy to buy an adaptor to use my EF and EFS lenses on my M5 Yes.

But that way I get to use all the sensor on the M5

I wouldn't want to put an EFS lens on my 6d though - that's just stupid IMHO

So if your a sports shooter who uses apsc. You look at the Canon mirrorless system and your screwed due to poor apsc bodies currently out and now you gotta buy a bloody adapter to use any future rf sports tele lenses.. Quality

What?
All EF lenses fit EFS bodies

Have you been on something?

It's a divisive issue, I'd rather not use crop lenses on FF cameras. Can't see the point in paying for twice as many pixels as Ill be using.

The point was that Sony only has 2 mounts.... So it's not confusing. Wether someone chooses to use it or not is up to them.

Also, has crop mode with FF lenses and actually seeing the crop in real time for framing is incredibly useful.

18mp from an a7riii APSC crop is still a lot of pixels.

Last edited:
The point was that Sony only has 2 mounts.... So it's not confusing. Wether someone chooses to use it or not is up to them.

Also, has crop mode with FF lenses and actually seeing the crop in real time for framing is incredibly useful.

18mp from an a7riii APSC crop is still a lot of pixels.
I think canon has three not four as you mentioned mind you,

ef and efs are the same mount, ef fit straight on efs with no adaptor needed

Does the camera recognise it as apsc and adjust everything automatically so it operates like any EF lens besides crop factor and also give the same view? Genuine question as never tried apsc on canon FF.

Does the camera recognise it as apsc and adjust everything automatically so it operates like any EF lens besides crop factor and also give the same view? Genuine question as never tried apsc on canon FF.

EFs can't go on a full frame body, the rear of the lens has an extra bit on the rear so it would foul the mirror iirc.

you have that the wrong way round its a ff lens on an apsc camera, so no adjustment needed. but if you put it on the other way round then no it wouldn't adjust anything. I must admit I don't see why anyone would buy a full frame camera to use as apsc, just crop the image if need be.
but the point was its 3 mounts not 4 as you mentioned, not that it really matters how many they have.

I think some can just not all, but all ef fit efs
They don’t fit.
You can generally fit an APSC from a 3rd party, but the Canon EFS don’t fit.
In fact they don’t fit older APSC bodies which had a std EF mount

They don’t fit.
You can generally fit an APSC from a 3rd party, but the Canon EFS don’t fit.
In fact they don’t fit older APSC bodies which had a std EF mount
that's interesting, so twist was correct then, there are 4 mounts. you live and learn. I wander what route canon will take as the prime selection designed for apsc always seemed weak from canon if you discount mounting ef glass.

that's interesting, so twist was correct then, there are 4 mounts. you live and learn. I wander what route canon will take as the prime selection designed for apsc always seemed weak from canon if you discount mounting ef glass.
Err No!
Read it again,
I think some can just not all, but all ef fit efs
They don’t!

Sorry I added a detail about 3rd party lenses which may have confused you.

But EFS lenses don’t fit EF cameras, not without a hacksaw. ;)

Last edited:
17 cameras, 4! Mounts, confusing mix of apsc and ff sensors.
:thinking:
In reference to?

If you think that’s Canon, they have 18 cameras with 2 mounts.

4 with a different mount

And an unreleased one with yet another mount...

BUT, this is the M camera thread, for people who own or are interested in owning an M series camera. If you want to discuss the EOS R it has its own thread.

We’ve managed over 100 pages here without this kind of trolling :)

Err No!
Read it again,

They don’t!

Sorry I added a detail about 3rd party lenses which may have confused you.

But EFS lenses don’t fit EF cameras, not without a hacksaw. ;)
yep I understood that- efs don't fit an ef mount. not confused at all. not sure what you think ive posted, but I am not referring to 3rd party? you quated my posts in the wrong order the 1st was a reply to your reply of my 2nd post:p
anyway lets just enjoy the fact we will have a few different makes of ff.mirrorless on the market soon.

This aint trolling. This is discussing why canon diddnt just use the M mount for the FF mirrorless so you dont need a adapter to use crop or ff lenses like in the current dslr EF mount

:thinking:
In reference to?

If you think that’s Canon, they have 18 cameras with 2 mounts.

4 with a different mount

And an unreleased one with yet another mount...

BUT, this is the M camera thread, for people who own or are interested in owning an M series camera. If you want to discuss the EOS R it has its own thread.

We’ve managed over 100 pages here without this kind of trolling :)

24 cameras in ilc as I count it with 4 mounts. What trolling? We were talking amount of mounts, you wanted to barge in and continue the discussion. I forgot to count your Eos m cameras;) so added them seeing as YOU counted all Sony's ilc cameras.

Last edited:
This aint trolling. This is discussing why canon diddnt just use the M mount for the FF mirrorless so you dont need a adapter to use crop or ff lenses like in the current dslr EF mount
with the level of research and reading you seem to do you must know m-mount doesn't cover ff sensor, its apsc designed. I don't think it could be changed to fit full frame
edit that's me out as it is becoming spam in a otherwise great thread

Last edited:
It makes financial sense if canon had one mount for there apsc and FF as it will allow APSC to use native RF future telephoto lenses

Posting in reference to a deleted sentence... trolling:rolleyes:

Ignoring the point I was actually making proving you wrong?

Priceless, but still trolling :dummy:

How did you prove me wrong? That canon has 4 mounts... Oh wait 3 because the R lenses aren't available yet.

with the level of research and reading you seem to do you must know m-mount doesn't cover ff sensor, its apsc designed. I don't think it could be changed to fit full frame
Well they should have done what they did with the EF mount which is my point

Really?

Because you can’t do maths?

The M mount isn’t suitable for the image circle of a FF sensor, it’s not rocket salad.;) I’ve got one in front of me, it’s tiny.

Now there might be a question as to why they didn’t plan for the future and build a bigger mount, but it’s pointless because they just didn’t.

And yes, I would argue this is trolling, this is a thread for M series cameras, and not the first time you’ve trolled threads of cameras you’re not interested in.

Not big, clever or funny :(

Really?

Because you can’t do maths?

The M mount isn’t suitable for the image circle of a FF sensor, it’s not rocket salad.;) I’ve got one in front of me, it’s tiny.

Now there might be a question as to why they didn’t plan for the future and build a bigger mount, but it’s pointless because they just didn’t.

And yes, I would argue this is trolling, this is a thread for M series cameras, and not the first time you’ve trolled threads of cameras you’re not interested in.

Not big, clever or funny :(

Can't I? Someone posted about number of mounts the brands have, you barged in, that's a troll..... That's what you do.

Last edited:
Can't I? Someone posted about number of mounts of the brands, you barged in, that's a troll.

Are you actually interested in M mount cameras?
Or just here to be a knob?
That’s a troll ;)

Are you actually interested in M mount cameras?
Or just here to be a knob?
That’s a troll ;)
Your the biggest fanboy in this forum and its not even funny anymore.

You refuse to have a adult discussion with other members here and its not the first time either and just plane right be rude to others here.

Back