Canon EOS M Series Cameras

Your the biggest fanboy in this forum and its not even funny anymore.

You refuse to have a adult discussion with other members here and its not the first time either and just plane right be rude to others here.
Never been a fanboy, check all my posts recommending Nikon ;) or the time I spent owning a Fuji

This has been over 100 pages of sensible discussion of M series cameras until today.

I’ve contributed since I considered buying an M5 and since I’ve owned one.

Everything here was lovely till today.

When did you arrive? :wave:

Where you are right? I am generally rude towards trolls and other forms of knob.

If this was a lovely pub and you and your mate had turned up causing bother, id be the one asking you to leave? If you think that makes me rude; I don’t give a flying f***! ;)

Another thread biting the dust!?

If this was a pub I'd have spilled pints long by now! ... Of blood! .... nah, not really, maybe :D

I'm going to say right now, the R is highest on my list thus far. I have a bit of money coming soon, and together with selling my current kit I will be in a position to buy something fresh, the Canon is tempting because of the proposed low price, but I will of course wait and see what Fuji and Panasonic are all about. The Nikon is out for me because of price alone. I'd rather have body + a few lenses than ... well, just the body

Last edited:
Never been a fanboy, check all my posts recommending Nikon ;) or the time I spent owning a Fuji

This has been over 100 pages of sensible discussion of M series cameras until today.

Where you are right? I am generally rude towards trolls and other forms of knob.

If this was a lovely pub and you and your mate had turned up causing bother, id be the one asking you to leave? If you think that makes me rude; I don’t give a flying f***! ;)

We were having a discussion about mounts across the brands, you joined in, made a post you swiftly deleted then called me a troll because I had quoted it before you removed it.
How was I to know you had deleted it, I don't get deleted message alerts? I wouldn't have responded if I did.

I do agree and understand that M mount wouldn't have worked, that's obvious but I never argued that.

No hard feelings?

Last edited:

Everything was lovely until you replied. I was having similar discussions with other members here and no hard feelings and name callings

Everything was lovely until you replied. I was having similar discussions with other members here and no hard feelings and name callings
This will be my 124th post in this thread, and I own an M5

It was over 100 posts before I responded to your trolling. ;)

What value have you added?

Same as always, wiping your cock on the curtains and strutting around like you’re the only one who ‘knows’ :chicken:

Same as always, wiping your cock on the curtains and strutting around like you’re the only one who ‘knows’ :chicken:

N00b Q: How do you do that? Not the cock thing, I mastered that years ago, but how many times you've posted in a thread? [I know, I probably should know this by now ...]

O so now only people who own an m series camera are allowed to post here?

What a troll you are of the highest order.

N00b Q: How do you do that? Not the cock thing, I mastered that years ago, but how many times you've posted in a thread? [I know, I probably should know this by now ...]

Search thread for posts by username. :whistle:

The cock thing? It’s a colloquialism;)

Phil, everything you say is true but please stop feeding this moron. :mad:

Agree on what?

All I did was discuss the mounts between the apsc and the FF mirrorless debating why they didn't have the same mount making it easier to adapt future FF mirrorless canon lenses on an M series camera.

If you think that is trolling then you have a problem.a big one at that.

It seems like you mention any tiny tiny disadvantage of this M series here and you get linched with childish remarks from some here.

It's as if you gotta defend this series camera with all your might.its as if it's your baby/child and someone is dissing it....

Pathetic really and worse then going on a football thread or a gaming consoles thread
Phil, everything you say is true but please stop feeding this moron. :mad:

Last edited:
I don't see anyone there slagging people off and name calling.
I’ve seen it but not naming names and lots of strong defending of the Sony along with of course some criticism but it’s all good as far as I’m concerned,like I said
good value for money :D

Yes sometimes it gets heated but no where near as bad as here though. Never heard anyone in the Sony forum calling people cocks trolls idiots etc.
I’ve seen it but not naming names and lots of strong defending of the Sony along with of course some criticism but it’s all good as far as I’m concerned,like I said
good value for money :D

You Canon M owners are so defensive.......;) I don't see any harm in a non-Canon M owners asking questions in this thread. No real need to start name calling and lowering the tone of what has been a pretty constructive thread.
I think its a valid question / discussion topic comparing the different M and R mount system mounts and why Canon decided to start fresh with a R and not making it backwards compatible with the M. :)

Last edited:
You Canon M owners are so defensive.......;) I don't see any harm in a non-Canon M owners asking questions in this thread. No real need to start name calling and lowering the tone of what has been a pretty constructive thread.
I think its a valid question / discussion topic comparing the different M and R mount system mounts and why Canon decided to start fresh with a R and not making it backwards compatible with the M. :)
Don’t you start :eek::D:p

Oh dear, lets draw a line under this and move on can we? There's no denying that Canon will now have 4 different lens series that are mostly incompatible, and they've done it differently from Sony, but we are where we are and cannot change that. Lets hope they produce a good set of lenses for the new EOS-R and don't abandon the EOS-M systems we love!

32mm f1.4 has just been on the eos r launch!
Have you seen the price of it. Bloody hell. I know fast lenses cost more but its a huge jump from the 22mm f/2. Im sure street prices will be lower, and it will sell well (and ill buy one lol), but even so..........

Have you seen the price of it. Bloody hell. I know fast lenses cost more but its a huge jump from the 22mm f/2. Im sure street prices will be lower, and it will sell well (and ill buy one lol), but even so..........
Just had a look, £500 that is a big jump over the 22 isn't it. But I suppose that's the f1. 4 bumping the price up. Will be interesting to see it reviewed.

Just had a look, £500 that is a big jump over the 22 isn't it. But I suppose that's the f1. 4 bumping the price up. Will be interesting to see it reviewed.

Yeah, a big jump. Still, if the reviews are good ill consider it, but ill probably have to buy grey this time.

Where are you seeing it? My google searching is a bit retarded this afternoon

The Canon press release.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/0463137161/new-32mm-f1-4-stm-joins-canon-s-ef-m-lens-collection

It says hood included but i wont hold my breath over that one.

Just over €400, it's not atrocious. I paid as much for the Pana-Leica 15mm and it's only f/1.7

I'm back to fancying the APSC M series now, screw that over priced FF one :D I wonder is there an M50 mkII on the horizon? Sadly, it probably won't have IBIS, they're not going to put something into it that was omitted from the R surely?

Just over €400, it's not atrocious. I paid as much for the Pana-Leica 15mm and it's only f/1.7

I'm back to fancying the APSC M series now, screw that over priced FF one :D I wonder is there an M50 mkII on the horizon? Sadly, it probably won't have IBIS, they're not going to put something into it that was omitted from the R surely?

If you take in to account the 22mm f/2. costs under £200 then it does seem expensive. Even the EF-S primes are cheaper. Not exactly a direct comparison, but still.........

If you take in to account the 22mm f/2. costs under £200 then it does seem expensive.

Yes but it has not always been that price, it was a fair bit more when introduced 6 or so years ago. You cant really compare a new lens at launch price with one that has been around for years.
Even at todays price the 22mm seems pricey to many of us that picked up the bargain ones at £70-80 during the great M Kit sell off;)

Yes but it has not always been that price, it was a fair bit more when introduced 6 or so years ago. You cant really compare a new lens at launch price with one that has been around for years.
Even at todays price the 22mm seems pricey to many of us that picked up the bargain ones at £70-80 during the great M Kit sell off;)

I got my first 22mm when it first came out, so yes, im aware of the cost, but im comparing how things are now.
For under £200 you get very close to the £499 lens, and im sure a lot of people will wonder if the f/1.4 is worth the extra.
And although not the same at all you have the 50mm f/1.8 STM for under £100. Still in the fast prime area, although needing an adaptor of course.

Last edited:
Hmm, that's a little jump up from $430 ... but it's still an attractive lens, close enough focusing at 23cm, with 1:4 magnification is pretty sweet for a 1.4 lens.

I got my first 22mm when it first came out, so yes, im aware of the cost, but im comparing how things are now.
For under £200 you get very close to the £499 lens, and im sure a lot of people will wonder if the f/1.4 is worth the extra.
And although not the same at all you have the 50mm f/1.8 STM for under £100. Still in the fast prime area, although needing an adaptor of course.

Oh I agree Dave, I have very little interest in the new lens, 50mm (equiv) has never been to my taste, always preferred 35mm as far back as I can remember.
Still glad to see the 32mm being produced though, anything that enhances the system is good news for all M users and I'm impressed they have managed to produce it at such a small size.
Now if they were to produce a ultra wide f1.4 that would certainly get my attention, dont think thats very likely though :(

Oh I agree Dave, I have very little interest in the new lens, 50mm (equiv) has never been to my taste, always preferred 35mm as far back as I can remember.
Still glad to see the 32mm being produced though, anything that enhances the system is good news for all M users and I'm impressed they have managed to produce it at such a small size.
Now if they were to produce a ultra wide f1.4 that would certainly get my attention, dont think thats very likely though :(

Oh yeah, its a nice looking lens, I still want it, i just dont like the cost and especially not when the 22mm is so close to the FL at well under half the cost. Im sure the HK places will sell it at some point, and for a more palatable price.
Lets hope they dont go the way Sony went and give up (or at least seem to) on the crop format. I have no intention of giving up on it either. If im honest ive never felt 100% comfortable with FF, i love getting in close with my lenses and Ff has left me wanting just a bit more. With crop the lens choice is so much greater, that for me its the ideal format, although low light is its weakens.

Back