Canon EOS M Series Cameras

Took the M6 MKII eith the Tamron 100-400 to Africa Alive in Suffolk. Still getting used to this camera but love the burst capabilities on it.

37766DC9-B406-44D5-A9FF-0B386196CC5E.jpeg3461284B-DF88-451D-973F-63EF73D794C4.jpegA32F2E5D-451C-4119-8E07-C93D7E286E54.jpeg0078A02A-B091-4C50-B371-9950F7B97509.jpeg06925E97-E7DE-4882-8F61-E7982CE50230.jpegE466CE4F-B4B5-453B-AA97-D4C916734341.jpeg2F19CEF7-CF92-4355-9EF4-ABFF595D0FCA.jpeg

Nice set, John, loving the Fennec (y)

But if I can make a couple of suggestions,
don't try and post images that are potentially noisy as large as possible, as it brings out the noise even more.
Check the white balance, in post processing on the Lemur, and spend a few minutes on processing generally (y)

2 mins with the hunting dog ..
edited.jpg

Nice set, John, loving the Fennec (y)

But if I can make a couple of suggestions,
don't try and post images that are potentially noisy as large as possible, as it brings out the noise even more.
Check the white balance, in post processing on the Lemur, and spend a few minutes on processing generally (y)

2 mins with the hunting dog ..
View attachment 290805

Thanks Cobra will keep that in mind in future, the noise on my screen Doesn’t always show, but as soon as I changed colour profiles I see what you mean.

Nice set Mike, (y) Liking the tug-o-war :D

A couple from today.
M50 + 100 mm IS L macro lens + 31mm extension tube.

024.jpg026.jpg

Taken yesterday before the rain arrived.
Usual set up.

102.jpg

What's the M6ii like with adapted EF lenses? I have an M6 and have found it to be too slow with adapted telephotos for things like wildlife (garden birds etc) so wondered if the M6ii is better. Failing that I may have to look at a used EOS R.

Have to say, if the specs of the M50ii that are doing the rounds at the moment are correct, why did Canon even bother? Very disappointing.

Took the M6 Mark II and Tamron 24-70 G2, to the Wrestling on Saturday, wasn’t able to get to ringside due to them having another Photographer and COVID restrictions, so these were taken from a fans perspective. There was a high amount of noise at 8000 ISO on the original images, but was able to remove it during post processing. This weekend I will be doing Rugby photograph, cannot wait.

B8792A78-37FC-49D5-A884-2098C5F254D0.jpegCA0715FB-E166-4004-A0F0-28E98745DECE.jpeg

My m50 has had to go to be fixed, currently waiting parts. It needs a new internal battery and replacement pcb.

My M5 has just died, did you get your m50 repaired and what did it cost? If anyone could take a picture of the M5 battery door micro switch as im wondering if theres an issue there.

I’m considering buying the Canon EFS-M adaptor to use with my M100.Are any 3rd party adaptors in your experience as good or best to play safe and get the Canon one?.
thanks

I’m considering buying the Canon EFS-M adaptor to use with my M100.Are any 3rd party adaptors in your experience as good or best to play safe and get the Canon one?.
thanks
I bought a 3rd party one. Just the same as extension tubes, all you’re buying is a tube having lens connectors with electrical contacts.

thanks

I have a couple of Viltrox adapters and a couple from Canon. There have been reports the third party ones can cause flare in certain situations but mine work fine.

Can spare a Viltrox one if you are interested, I don't need 4 now that I have bought a 7d II.

No such issues either with my Meike one

thanks
I had the Mieke adapter with my EOS M10 and it was fine with EF glass.
I also have a Viltrox adapter with my EOS RP and thats fine too.
MPB often have the Canon EOS M adapter for a more reasonable price if you prefer to stick to OEM.

I have a couple of Viltrox adapters and a couple from Canon. There have been reports the third party ones can cause flare in certain situations but mine work fine.

Can spare a Viltrox one if you are interested, I don't need 4 now that I have bought a 7d II.
How much would you be asking for it Mike?

Was looking at this and it seems the oval shape as per the Canon one on right is a safer bet. Some third party ones are as the Canon whilst the ones causing some problems were the round shape?

I’m also asking any decent 3rd party batteries,reading some Amazon reviews,some seem to over heat and not have good life per charge etc?

I’m also asking any decent 3rd party batteries,reading some Amazon reviews,some seem to over heat and not have good life per charge etc?
Yet again I will recommend Meike, no I don't work for them :D They just seem to be a good product at a good price.
I use them in my M50 & 7DII

Do they show how much battery is left? mine don't and it really annoys me.
That's odd mine do on both cameras :thinking:
I don't think there is a "Setting" to change either?

edit. I know in the early days that "other batteries" didn't show the the amount of charge, but a few years ago, some how 3rd party batteries became "Dedicated"

Last edited:
Canon EF-M 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens and Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM
anyone used or uses either,any positive experiences with them?

Back